Custom Spanner Multi-Region Configuration

Hi, 

I'm curious if the GCP team will work with customers who are interested in creating multi-region configurations for Spanner that are not available in the provided templates?

I'm particularly interested if it would be possible to deploy to three regions, with at least one region being in Europe and at least one region being in the US. 

Solved Solved
0 2 200
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Google Cloud Spanner team is open to working with customers who require specific multi-region configurations for Spanner. I would recommend you reach out to your account team to help assist in tailoring a solution for your specific needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The Google Cloud Spanner team is open to working with customers who require specific multi-region configurations for Spanner. I would recommend you reach out to your account team to help assist in tailoring a solution for your specific needs.

You'll likely want to look at read-only replicas -- with a base configuration in either the US or Europe (it could be multi-regional), and a read-only replica in the other region. There are also some other options that you might want to consider, so as ms4446 mentioned, it's a good idea to reach out to your account team to learn about those options, too.