Datastore or Firestore Change Data Capture (or equivalent) support

Hi everyone,

I was going over Datastore and Firestore documentation but couldn't find anything related to data capture or change streams apart from batch processing with the Firestore to Cloud Storage Text Dataflow template. I also found some documentation about the Real-time updates Firebase Firestore storage provides but that's only at document level and doesn't serve the purpose I want.

Does Datastore or Firestore support any streams of changes over database, collections or documents? Similar to Spanner Change Streams or Cloud SQL (PostgreSQL) Change Data Capture.

Thank you for your help!

Solved Solved
0 2 620
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @paulocaldojo ,

Datastore or Firestore doesn't support any streams of collections, neither top-level collections, nor subcollections. If you need to query across collections, there needs to be one query for each collection, and you have to merge the results of the queries in the client.

Regards,
Marc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @paulocaldojo ,

Datastore or Firestore doesn't support any streams of collections, neither top-level collections, nor subcollections. If you need to query across collections, there needs to be one query for each collection, and you have to merge the results of the queries in the client.

Regards,
Marc

Thanks for your reply @marcanthonyb. This is really useful.