cmd+e or cmd+enter no longer work in Spanner Studio

Something changed recently and as of yesterday I am no longer able to use `cmd+e` or `cmd+enter` to run selected SQL in Spanner Studio. I have to use the mouse to click the `RUN Selected` option now. When I select SQL the `Duet-AI` "help" icon pops up. Duet-AI is not enabled. Are there any workarounds that'll allow me to use a keyboard command to run selected SQL? 

0 5 119
5 REPLIES 5

Here is how to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check Browser Extensions

• Temporarily Disable: Disable any browser extensions you have installed one-by-one and test after each to see if the shortcut starts working correctly. Some extensions can interfere with keyboard functionalities.
  • Focus on Productivity/Code Extensions: Pay special attention to extensions that might modify code editing or provide assistance (like autocompletion).

2. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies

• Reset Your State: Your browser may be holding onto old settings or data that are causing the conflict. Clearing the cache and cookies can resolve this.
    • Instructions: Search online with "[your browser name] clear cache and cookies" for specific instructions.

3. Verify Spanner Studio Settings

• Confirm Shortcuts: While unlikely, it's worth double-checking that the shortcuts haven't been accidentally changed.
    • Procedure: Within Spanner Studio, check if there's a settings menu where you can view and edit keyboard shortcuts.

4. Try a Different Browser

• Isolate the Issue: If it works on a different browser, the problem is likely browser-specific. This points back to issues like extensions or cache problems.

Workarounds (if nothing else works)

• "Run" Button Shortcut: See if your browser offers the ability to assign a keyboard shortcut to clicking a specific button on the page. This could allow you to map a new shortcut to the "Run Selected" button.
  • Custom Extension: If you're comfortable with some basic coding, there are browser extensions that allow you to create custom actions triggered by keyboard shortcuts. You could make one to simulate clicking the "Run Selected" button.

Tried 2 different browser with the same result. Will try clearing cache and other tricks. Thanks. 

Try resetting keyboard combinations in Spanner Studio or contact support for assistance.

I have a previously open tab with spanner studio and the cmd+enter shortcuts works there. However, if I open a new tab it doesn't. Another difference I noticed between the two is the new tabs have Duet AI, old ones do not.

Thanks. I noticed that too and there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of the Duet-AI icon even though Duet-AI is not enabled and I don't want to.