Accidentally logged into Google Cloud Console with my work account

This is going to be a silly question but I'm hoping to get some reassurance from the Google Pro's. I've been researching Google Cloud for the last day or two but accidentally logged into the Cloud Console using my work organization's email account. I haven't set up any services or anything but I was wondering if that will cost the company anything. So far, I've notified my company's IT admin but didn't know if I need to do anything on my end.

0 1 68
1 REPLY 1

Hi @bcoll23,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

It's still recommended to double-check with your IT admin for their specific policies and procedures regarding employee usage of personal accounts for work-related activities.

They might want to:

Review your access: They can verify that no resources were created or activated and ensure your account doesn't have any lingering access to company projects.
Guide on appropriate methods: They can guide you on appropriate approaches for researching cloud platforms in the future, such as using a separate personal account or consulting with them for access to non-production environments.

By being transparent and cooperating with your IT admin, you can ensure this incident is addressed appropriately and avoid any potential issues.