Artifactory Registry

I have been used container registry from a very long time but now it will deprecate from next year, I am going to use artifactory registry. So here are my some queries:

1. I have created new repository in artifactory registry and format is docker but when I push my image using github actions, it is created with service name. And that service name is not a folder but is described as docker, unlike container registry. So when I again build the pipeline, it throws an error "image name is same". How to resolve this issue?

2. After I pushed a image to artifactory registry, i am going to use this image in cloud run for anthos deployment but there is an error with : DENIED: Permission "artifactregistry.repositories.downloadArtifacts" denied on resource "projects/PROJECTNAME/locations/LOCATION/repositories/REPONAME" (or it may not exist)

Please help me with an answer.

Solved Solved
0 2 999
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @jatin30naudiyal,

To answer your queries:

1. Perhaps your Github action is still configured in a way on how you push your images using Container Registry. Take a look at this Github Readme on how to push tagged Docker releases to Google Artifact Registry with a Github Action. Also, check out this docker build in pushing to the artifact registry. 
  2. You are encountering this issue because the service account associated with your Cloud run doesn't have the permission to download artifacts from Artifact registry. Make sure that you have authenticated docker to Artifact Registry. Follow Set up Authentication for Docker. Also, check that you configured your roles and permissions

If the above options don't work, you can contact Google Cloud Support to further look into your case. Let me know if it helped, thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @jatin30naudiyal,

To answer your queries:

1. Perhaps your Github action is still configured in a way on how you push your images using Container Registry. Take a look at this Github Readme on how to push tagged Docker releases to Google Artifact Registry with a Github Action. Also, check out this docker build in pushing to the artifact registry. 
  2. You are encountering this issue because the service account associated with your Cloud run doesn't have the permission to download artifacts from Artifact registry. Make sure that you have authenticated docker to Artifact Registry. Follow Set up Authentication for Docker. Also, check that you configured your roles and permissions

If the above options don't work, you can contact Google Cloud Support to further look into your case. Let me know if it helped, thanks!

Thanks @Marramirez for the help.