Delete project

Hello,
I have a simple question. Should I turn off "Enabled APIs and Services" or something else before deleting the project?

1. I mean, if I delete a project, will everything related to my project automatically be disabled/deleted?
2. In other words, if I want to delete the project, what do I need to do before it? Just disable Billing for this project?

1 3 271
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Deisei ,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community. Basically If you mark your project as deleted, project is mostly unusable as per [1] 

."A project that is marked for deletion isn't usable. If the project has a billing account associated with it, that association is broken and isn't reinstated if the project delete operation is canceled. After 30 days, the project is fully deleted. Until it is fully deleted, the project might still be visible, although it isn't usable."

However, in some cases, projects may continue to incur charges for a period of time after shutdown. To avoid unexpected charges, disable billing before shutting down the project. The billing account must be manually linked again after the project is restored.

So is good to Disable billing at first, and then remove project.

DamianS_0-1707306054203.png

[1]. 

Hi @DamianS 

I think I made a mistake where I did not disable the billing before deleting the project. The account seems to be incurring some minimal cost on a. daily basis for past 2 days. I was just using this account to learn GCP. Is there a way to revive the delete project and then disable it's billing or smoother option to stop the billing?

thanks

Hello @gcp_learner1 ,

Within 30 days from delete action you can restore[1] project. Few resources will be deleted, however this option is available. So you can
1. restore project
2. remove Billing from project,
3. delete project. 

[1]. https://support.google.com/googleapi/answer/6251787?hl=en#zippy=%2Crestore-a-project

cheers,
DamianS