Firestore Emulator - Force-export on Demand

I am using Firestore emulator on Windows within a mono-repo set up with turbo.

The firestore emulator is run using,

firebase emulators:start --only auth,firestore,functions,storage --import .firebase --export-on-exit

But constantly, when I use Ctrl-C to terminate the process, it DOES NOT EXPORT. I lose everything, and when I go to test again, I have to manually go through the setup process all over again, which is a tedious waste of time and is getting to be infuriatingly frustrating.

This is apparently a known issue with the mono-repo setup, because the process is controlled by a parent process that terminates it before it's done. (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71972842/firebase-emulator-export-on-exit-not-working-properly-w...)

So, with that said, how can I force Firestore emulator to export data BEFORE it exits? As in, on-demand? Is there any plugin or nodejs package that would back up the documents to maybe an emulated bucket or basic file, that would re-import them on launch?

TIA

0 1 41
1 REPLY 1

Ok, well clearly no one has any input.

This appears to be some bug with the concurrently npm module, which turbo relies on.

We've decided to emulate firebase separately from the other environment emulators. Kind of annoying, but I guess we don't have another option.