Getting Error -> DefaultLogsBucketIsOutsideSecurityPerimeterException

I am using this command to trigger a build from project A and execute the build in project B.
My command is :

gcloud builds submit --verbosity=debug --project=dev_project --config=build.yaml

and getting the errors from the build logs:

DEBUG: (gcloud.builds.submit) 
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release": The build is running, and logs are being written to the default logs bucket.
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release": This tool can only stream logs if you are Viewer/Owner of the project and, if applicable, allowed by your VPC-SC security policy.
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release": 
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release": The default logs bucket is always outside any VPC-SC security perimeter.
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release": If you want your logs saved inside your VPC-SC perimeter, use your own bucket.
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release": See https://cloud.google.com/build/docs/securing-builds/store-manage-build-logs.
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release": Traceback (most recent call last):
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release":   File "/usr/lib/google-cloud-sdk/lib/googlecloudsdk/calliope/cli.py", line 987, in Execute
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release":     resources = calliope_command.Run(cli=self, args=args)
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release":   File "/usr/lib/google-cloud-sdk/lib/googlecloudsdk/calliope/backend.py", line 807, in Run
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release":     resources = command_instance.Run(args)
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release":   File "/usr/lib/google-cloud-sdk/lib/surface/builds/submit.py", line 220, in Run
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release":     build, _ = submit_util.Build(
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release":   File "/usr/lib/google-cloud-sdk/lib/googlecloudsdk/command_lib/builds/submit_util.py", line 922, in Build
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release":     build = cb_logs.CloudBuildClient(client, messages, support_gcl).Stream(
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release":   File "/usr/lib/google-cloud-sdk/lib/googlecloudsdk/api_lib/cloudbuild/logs.py", line 541, in Stream
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release":     raise t.exception
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release": googlecloudsdk.api_lib.cloudbuild.logs.DefaultLogsBucketIsOutsideSecurityPerimeterException: 
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release": The build is running, and logs are being written to the default logs bucket.
Step #0 - "Kicking off Build/Release": This tool can only stream logs if you are Viewer/Owner of the project and, if applicable, allowed by your VPC-SC security policy.

I have already provided the access LogsWriter, Viewer to my service account for both Project A and Project B. 
How to solve this issue ?

0 2 527
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @omar115,

According to this Stack Overflow post, try adding:

options:
logging: CLOUD_LOGGING_ONLY

The explanation is that GCP build tries to store logs in Cloud Storage after executing the build, but it doesn't have the required permission. Also, take a look at Storing build logs in the default Google-created bucket.

Another option is to make sure that you have access to Project B from Project A or vice versa. You can try following this guide on how you can create/access a cross project service account.

Basically you make sure that in Project B, you go to IAM & Admin then press ADD. From the menu, you add a principal (Project A) and its role (Viewer) for Project B. This allows the service account to have access for Project A and Project B.

If the above options don't work, you can contact Google Cloud Support to further look into your case. Let me know if it helped, thanks!

It didn't resolve my issues, but I tried one thing:
--gcs-logging 
and used a custom bucket which resolve my problem.

Thank you for your reply.