Google SDK 'ython'' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch

This will install all the core command line tools necessary for working with
the Google Cloud Platform.
For more information on how to get started, please visit:
https://cloud.google.com/sdk/docs/quickstarts
'ython'' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'

Failed to install.

Python 3.11 installed in my machine and path ,cloud_sdk path all are set. But still i am facing this issue. Can you  please help with me on this ?

Solved Solved
6 14 1,360
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

issue is fixed in the new installer.

ksrakesh6_1-1703137216701.png

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Please post the solution if found, I am also facing the same issue.

i tried installing it on 2 different PCs and got the same error

error : 'ython'' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. '

I have tried to install google sdk just now and and getting the above error , could some one please share an update or workaround ... 

Best 

Same problem, looks like the last part of the script to install is failing, re-downloaded the installer and still failing.  Script should reference python not ython

I have same issues, I have installed python manually on my windows and ran the install scripts without python bundled still facing same issues.  
'

Also running into this issue. I'm guessing a small programmer mistake made it into production. Hopefully they fix this quickly.

Hi

100%
Performing post processing steps...
.........................................................................................................................done.
Update done!
This will install all the core command line tools necessary for working with
the Google Cloud Platform.
'

Failed to install.

Even am facing same issue, i have python installed and path is also set correctly

Hi Team,
any work around for this issue? unable to procced with installation, any help is highly appreciated

Hi guys ,

I have the same issue when I try installing Google Cloud SDK . 

same issue

rayraysquared_0-1703109151494.png

same issue

Im getting the same issue, could someone notify once its fixed?

Also received this issue attempting to install and same error message. Interesting that the "p" is missing from the complaint about the "ython" missing command, feels like a typo in one of the installer's bat files/scripts.

Whole installation fails due to this error. This is on Windows 10 and would be my first time installing this Google SDK and unsure how to proceed. Left the box checked to install python.

issue is fixed in the new installer.

ksrakesh6_1-1703137216701.png

Itssue is Fixed, Thanks