Image help for Chatbot Using Diagflow CX

Hello,

So, I'm trying to create a chatbot using Diagflow CX and I am struggling like crazy with it. What I'm trying to do is add an image to the chatbot on the initial page. I cannot find out how to add an image to the chatbot and when I think I have it, it doesn't show up under testing. 

Every document I see that is a few years old and mainly focused on ES and NOT CX and unfortunately not one YouTube video shows how to add an image shows that the image url has to end with a png or a jpg. Yet, regardless of whether I use Canva, Google Photos, or Pinterest I am not getting an image url that ends with a png.

How am I supposed to add an image and am I supposed to end the url with a png or jpg and if so, what service do I use to get that type of link? I'm so frustrated with this and I really, really, really need help. 

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you! 

0 3 508
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Lishone

Welcome and thank you for reaching out to our community for help.

I understand that you are having challenges displaying an image onset of your chatbot conversation. By default welcome intents are comprised of text, however, you may be able to achieve your goal programmatically through custom payloads which allows rich contents, it will be in a form of an image response type.

Kindly explore Dialogflow CX integrations and custom payload templates to determine what is applicable based on your use case.

In line with acquiring the static/ direct image URL, here are some ways to achieve it but please keep in mind the privacy requirement of your images as some of these steps suggests to publish them publicly.

- Use of public image hosting services like imgur.com
 - Use of Google Photo Direct Link extension
 - Inspecting browser elements (needs familiarity with HTML)
 - Copying of the image address in Pinterest.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the response. I just went ahead and moved on. I found a
competitor of Google Cloud and decided to go that route. The chatbot is now
up and running on my company site and I've been easily able to create many
more custom ones.

DialogFlow CX was too complicated and just did not have the tools that I
needed. So, I found a competitor and I'm good to go.

Have a great rest of your week and thank you for responding.

--
*Lishone` and Associates*
*https://lishoneandassociates.com <>*

Hi Lishone,

How did you solve your use case ?

What product have you used ?

Thanks

Ravi