RTX and Google Cloud Run or similar - what is the best option?

I was looking for the best approach to render on demand (for example, using Unreal Engine) with say a NVIDIA RTX GPU. Google Cloud Run would seem ideal (scaling fully automated), but https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Developer-Tools/Google-Run-with-GPU/m-p/481494 from a year ago indicates Cloud Run does not support GPUs. Is this still the case?

What would be the best alternative? Write my own code to spin up an on-demand instance, perform the render, then spin down the instance (after a period of inactivity)?

(I know there is an image in Google Marketplace for Unreal Engine, but it does not seem to support Google Run.)

Solved Solved
0 1 351
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @alankent ,

As of the moment, it seems that it is still not supported. Here is the link for the feature request that was submitted in relation to your concern. For the said feature request, there is no ETA on when it may be deployed to Google Cloud Platform. For the time being, if its possible to write your own code to spin-up an on-demand instance.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @alankent ,

As of the moment, it seems that it is still not supported. Here is the link for the feature request that was submitted in relation to your concern. For the said feature request, there is no ETA on when it may be deployed to Google Cloud Platform. For the time being, if its possible to write your own code to spin-up an on-demand instance.