The Cloud Assets Inventory is out of date

Hey everyone!
We're testing out GCP's Assets Inventory monitoring for creating/updating/deleting resources and we ran into an issue.
Our Assets Inventory seems to be VERY out of sync (about 24+ hour difference) between the actual state of the Topics (for example) in our GCP project and the Topic Assets in the Inventory.
The service account used by the Inventory has owner permissions in the project.
We are aware of the update lag that's expected as it's written in the docs, but 24 hour lag seems not standard to say the least.
This also happened when we created a brand new account.

We would really appreciate some help here!
Thanks!

0 5 179
5 REPLIES 5

You said, "We are aware of the update lag that's expected as it's written in the docs"

Where is that written? I have been looking very hard for that info. I see the same problem you described.

In addition to the solution by @RonEtch , there are also a few resources which are  specified here, that have a delay longer than 10 mins, some may take up to 48 hours (it is specified per service.

Hi @Matan-PortIO 

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

On the available guide, it is mentioned that feeds may take 10 minutes of any activity to take effect. If you have dynamic changes with your assets, this can be the reason for your issue as of now.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need further assistance, you can always file a ticket on our support team.

Hi! Thank you for the answer!
We found some correlation between the time that the resources appear in the feed and the time that we were able to see them in our inventory, so as long as the event feed will keep getting events when the resource is deleted\created\updated, this is an acceptable answer indeed.

The specific scenario we are asking about is that topics may take longer than the documented 10 minutes, taking more like a few hours and even up to 48 hours at times to sync. There is no specification of this happening with topics, that is why we were left confused.

I have also noticed that it takes ~24 hours with the Topics to get registered to Asset Inventory. Everything else seems to appear there pretty real-time.