Access API console from another device

I can access my console from via email on my phone but when I try to access the same email on pc it says I need "additional access"? How do I do that. Im about to change my phone and I am concerned I wont be able to access the API console any more?

1 1 116
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Wendy1 ,

If you're encountering an "additional access" requirement when trying to access your console on your PC using the same email that you use on your phone, it's possible that GCP console has security measures in place to ensure that your account is being accessed from a trusted device. Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:

1. When you see the "additional access" message, check your email associated with the account on both your phone and PC. Look for any verification or authorization emails that might have been sent to you. Follow the instructions in the email to confirm your access or authorize the new device.

2. If the console or platform supports two-factor authentication (2FA), consider enabling it for your account. 2FA adds an extra layer of security by requiring you to provide a second form of verification, such as a code sent to your phone, in addition to your password. This can help you access your account from different devices securely.

3. Sometimes, issues with accessing certain websites can be resolved by clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This can help ensure that you are accessing the most up-to-date version of the website.

If the issue still persist, you may try contacting support for a more specific guidance on how to address the "additional access" requirement and help you regain access to your console.