Enable KMS key level access to another project in different organization account

Hello ,

I am looking for possible options to grant permision on the KMS key which is present in project A in organization TEL1 to another project B which is in different organization TEL2 .

how we can ensure project B should able to access the KMS key which is being in project A ?

I am looking for your assistance my community members.

Regards,

Sagar Vyas

Solved Solved
1 2 445
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @sagarvyas ,

As per Phil Coakley, "

You can add an IAM policy with the principal(member) & resource in different projects.

To grant svcacct@project2.iam.gserviceaccount.com decryption access to a particular key in project1, you can e.g.:

$ KMS_KEY_RESOURCE_NAME=projects/project1/locations/${location}/keyRings/${keyring_name}/cryptoKeys/${crypto_key_name}
$ gcloud kms keys add-iam-policy-binding \
  --location ${location} ${KMS_KEY_RESOURCE_NAME} \
  --member serviceAccount:svcacct@project2.iam.gserviceaccount.com \
  --role roles/cloudkms.cryptoKeyDecrypter

You can also do this by pasting svcacct@project2.iam.gserviceaccount.com directly into the "Add members" textbox under "Permissions" for a KeyRing or Key selected under

"

You can check this documentation for reference in Organization Policy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @sagarvyas ,

As per Phil Coakley, "

You can add an IAM policy with the principal(member) & resource in different projects.

To grant svcacct@project2.iam.gserviceaccount.com decryption access to a particular key in project1, you can e.g.:

$ KMS_KEY_RESOURCE_NAME=projects/project1/locations/${location}/keyRings/${keyring_name}/cryptoKeys/${crypto_key_name}
$ gcloud kms keys add-iam-policy-binding \
  --location ${location} ${KMS_KEY_RESOURCE_NAME} \
  --member serviceAccount:svcacct@project2.iam.gserviceaccount.com \
  --role roles/cloudkms.cryptoKeyDecrypter

You can also do this by pasting svcacct@project2.iam.gserviceaccount.com directly into the "Add members" textbox under "Permissions" for a KeyRing or Key selected under

"

You can check this documentation for reference in Organization Policy.

Hello @dionv ,

Thank you for suggestion this is one of the workaround to achieve the granting KMS key access to other organization project2.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Sagar Vyas