Google cloud account hacked. Unknown project created with unknown editors.

Hi, I dont use Google Cloud to make any projects or use any APIs. But since last night I feel my google account got hacked. Though I still have access to my gmail, I have been receiving email that I have registered to or signed up to multiple different websites, marketplaces, etc eventhough I have not personally done so. Receiving replies to emails I never sent. One of these newly opened accounts included a Google Cloud project that I never started myself. Would appreciate if this can be looked into to potentially identify the source of this hack. I went ahead and initiated the process of deleting this project but my understanding is that it would take a month to fully do so. My screenshots show email addresses for editors I do not recognize in a project I do not recognize. Would appreciate assistance in getting to the bottom of this. Thanks.

the other editors are ones I do not recognizethe other editors are ones I do not recognizeproject ID for your reference. Please investigate when this was opened and how. My hack started roughly 2:20am PST on 3/22/2023.project ID for your reference. Please investigate when this was opened and how. My hack started roughly 2:20am PST on 3/22/2023.This is how I noticed this. I received an email that certain google cloud changes will affect my 'project'This is how I noticed this. I received an email that certain google cloud changes will affect my 'project'example of some of the other incessant emails I am receiving on Gmail. Google One support was unable to help me as they felt my account is secure on their end (no suspicious activity was automatically detected by google)example of some of the other incessant emails I am receiving on Gmail. Google One support was unable to help me as they felt my account is secure on their end (no suspicious activity was automatically detected by google)

0 1 3,863
1 REPLY 1

Hi @skcadri,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

I do apologize for what happened to your account. 

For these types of serious concerns, it would be best to reach out to our cloud billing support as these would need proper checking and authenticating of the account that was used for signing up to Google Cloud.

Furthermore, in order to protect your account in the future, here are some of the steps that you may perform in order to make your account more secure:

1. Do a Security Checkup
  2. Update your software
  3. Use unique, strong passwords
  4. Remove apps & browser extensions you donโ€™t need
  5. Protect against suspicious messages & content