How to add an alternative user support email to OAuth consent screen?

My Google Cloud account is under a regular Google profile with a gmail address, but I want to show a company email address for customer support on my OAuth Consent screen:

user-support-email-field.jpg

I tried adding an alternative email address to my Google Cloud account, main Google account profile, and even to my Gmail account. None of this lets me select the address in this field.

Seeing "Google Groups managed by you" (No groups) I started setting up a group under the "IAM and admin" section. This prompted me to set up an organisation. I started this process and had to create a new Workspace account with my company email address. I went though all this and verified my domain, but I can't add my original (@ gmail) cloud user to the organisation. I tried adding my original profile's alternative(@ company) email address as an organisation member, but this only removed the address from my original profile!

I've gone around in circles.

How can I change this email field?

Should I have set up my Google Cloud app from a workspace account instead?

1 7 10.3K
7 REPLIES 7

Hello timwh

Please test the solutions provided here and here. What you want to achieve is 100% feasible.

I have this same problem. The problem is each of those solutions begin with "Click 'Add'" in the IAM screen, and there is no "Add" button for me in my view.

I've not setup ANYTHING on GCP with this account. I literally just created the project, and I'm trying to get this working for federated oAuth. Perhaps I'm just being dense/oblivious, but this is what I see:โ€ƒ

ss1.jpg

I tried "Grant access" to a second email account but it doesn't appear as an option for support email on the oauth consent screen.

I'm extremely frustrated w/google right now.

The emails I'm using are not managed by google, are not gmail emails, they are third-party.

I've tried to "Set up Google Cloud for your organization" and it just leaves me in an endless sign-in loop, with no feedback as to why it's doing this.

I'd love to get this working, but at this point it looks like I will have to remove google federated identity from our app since I don't want my personal email published.

This is crazy painful.

Any luck? I'm searching for a solution and stumble on this post...

No. I submitted a tech support request but that was fruitless. They just
said to do the same thing the docs said to do. It's bean a while so I
should try it again, maybe it'll work better this time.

I've been stuck on this for the past few weeks. I can't see an 'Add' button for starters. Is there any way to get support for this? I can't use the cloud services at all right now. 

Thanks, 

Pete

If you want to change the email address that is displayed to the user, you have to:

1. Add permission for the new email address -letโ€™s name it some.email@company.domain.com- to handle the project: Menu > IAM & Admin > IAM, then click on the Add button, enter the email address and select Role > Project > Owner.

1b. If you do not want for the email address some.email@company.domain.com to be an Owner of the Project, I would recommend you to give the role Firebase Develop Admin role (which has clientauthconfig permissions) to the some.email@company.domain.com email address.

1. Accept the invitation for the some.email@company.domain.com email address. Check your emails, click on the confirmation url and accept the terms and conditions.
  2. Log in to the Google Developers Console using the some.email@company.domain.com email address. Only the some.email@company.domain.com email address can change the displayed email address. You don't have to log out or open an incognito window. You can simply add a new account by clicking on your account photo (upper-right corner) and then selecting the Add account option.

Also, the some.email@company.domain.com email address needs to be a user of the project. A new user can be added via the IAM for your project.

comaro_0-1667847327798.png

Are there any ways to add another user without creating another Gmail (which I can't, I only have one phone number to send a code which I already use) and without setting up workmail or so?