Migrating from reCAPTCHA (non-Enterprise version)

We have to migrate from the non enterprise version of recaptcha to enterprise one. What I can see in the documents is that the migration of keys can be carried out using a command. which looks good! however there is a page which says "Using reCAPTCHA Enterprise features after migration" and inside the page we have been asked to instrumenting the pages. But in the project we have integrated recaptcha (already a non enterprise version) I do not have them explicitly mentioned to be instrumented. like below file needs to be replaced by https://recaptchaenterprise.googleapis.com  

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js

or any explicit call for any of the API mentioned below needs to be instrumented

grecaptcha.execute() -> grecaptcha.enterprise.execute()
grecaptcha.getResponse() -> grecaptcha.enterprise.getResponse()
grecaptcha.ready() -> grecaptcha.enterprise.ready()
grecaptcha.render() -> grecaptcha.enterprise.render()
grecaptcha.reset() -> grecaptcha.enterprise.reset()

Rather we do have an library included inside BuildConfig.groovy 

compile ':recaptcha:1.5.0'

And then keys have been added in config file,

<recaptcha:ifEnabled>
                            <recaptcha:recaptcha/>
                            <recaptcha:ifFailed>CAPTCHA Failed: ${session["recaptcha_error"]}</recaptcha:ifFailed>
                        </recaptcha:ifEnabled>

And then using services like  

recaptchaService.verifyAnswer or recaptchaService.cleanUp of com.megatome.grails.RecaptchaService

So I have a question, does only migration of keys to enterprise one is enough.? Once migrated I can use those keys in the application. 

Could someone please guide. Thank you!

2 2 844
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @amrutaAD,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

After migrating and verifying your site key to reCaptcha Enterprise without having any issues encountered and as long as you can continue to use siteverify method to asses a user's reCaptcha response token, yes you are good. 

If you are going to use Multi-factor authentication (MFA) and Password Leak Detection after migrating from a non-Enterprise version of reCAPTCHA, you have to modify an existing reCAPTCHA integration to use these additional reCAPTCHA Enterprise features. 

Instrumenting the web pages and migrating the backend calls are needed to be performed in modifying the existing reCAPTCHA integration. If you have any issues implementing these additional features, don't hesitate to post back any questions here, we are delighted to help.

Thanks!

Thank you Willbin for your reply. it seems that the plugin is being used in the project is very old and does not support enterprise version.

So will have to instrument the calls on client and server side after migration of keys.

BR,Amruta