Signature field in Attachment PDF should be secure

I'm attaching a PDF doc used for customer signoff. This signature is displayed as an image on the PDF document, making it clickable. This is a bit of a security risk since anyone with access to the PDF can download a user's signature image and possibly use it somewhere else. I believe signatures should be embedded in the PDF and people should be able to download the image file.

1 4 300
4 REPLIES 4

Right @andriesellis

you should try password encryption, or digital sign   

Thanks for the reply, @Satnam_alhan . Could you please advise how I would do that in appsheet?

@andriesellis 

First, youโ€™ll need a digital certificate, either from a registered provider or through a self-sign service like Adobe Sign. You cannot add a digital signature to a PDF file without a certificate. Youโ€™ll also need access to an app that allows you to add digital signatures to your documents. Simple tools like Windows Microsoft Word or Adobe Reader can achieve this.

follow this step : 

1. Open your document in Adobe Acrobat.
  2. Click the Tools tab and scroll down to the Forms and Certificates section. Select Open from the Certificates dropdown menu.
  3. Click on Digitally Sign from the new options bar.
  4. Select the digital signature you want to use and click Continue. If you have not yet added a digital signature certificate to Adobe Acrobat, select Configure New Digital ID and follow the on-screen prompts.
  5. Configure the appearance of the signature and select Sign.

i hope you understand

Thanks @Satnam_alhan , however, this solution means I have to manually edit 100's of PDF documents. The reason for using appsheet is to automate the sending of the signoff sheet as a PDF attachment. The PDF is generated by Appsheet and automatically sent. There is no point in doing this manually through Adobe Acrobat. Unless there is a way to have Adobe generating the PDF through the Appsheet App. My request is to have a way to embed the signature inside the PDF document instead of displaying it as an image. Does this make sense?