Can i use oAuth authentication with webhook notification channel

Hi All,

I have been using the webhook notification channel with basic authentication and it's working just fine.
I know we can also use token based authentication but will have to pass token in the url itself.

Is there any other way i can use oauth authentication with webhook notification channel?
or any way i can create my own notification channel.

Thanks,
Ishaq

0 1 867
1 REPLY 1

By reading through your request, I believe you are looking for a way to configure the notification channel available for 'Cloud Monitoring alerting policies'.

If the above-mentioned scenario is your situation, kindly keep in mind that when adding a notification channel to an alerting policy, you must select a channel from a list. As you probably are aware, you may need to refer to this document list as it contains the supported notification channel types available for Cloud Monitoring alerting policies and explains how to configure them by using the Google Cloud Console. For the time being, the supported notification channels are Email, Mobile App, PagerDuty, SMS, Slack, Webhooks and Pub/Sub.

Creating a notification channel of your own is still not yet supported for Cloud Monitoring alert notifications. I would strongly recommend you to open a feature request for it by following Google Cloud Platform’s public documentation about ‘feature requests’. While opening the feature requests, try to include all the necessary information such as your use case scenario, business needs, etc.

As you could find in the configuration section of 'webhooks ', the only documented methods of authentication currently supported for webhooks are the basic and token authentications. There is already a feature request to support 'webhooks' with other authentications such as OAuth, API token passed via header, JWT signing key, etc. You can find more information about the mentioned feature request in this issue-tracker thread

Feel free to visit the mentioned thread and add any information(such as your use-case scenario) which will be helpful. Kindly keep in mind that there is no guarantee or an ETA on when this feature will be implemented but rest assured that your feedback is taken very seriously and it is greatly appreciated, as it helps us improve our products.