My VM was deleted by system due to delay payment about 30days. Can I restore that VM?

I'm now lost my almost 10 years data.  My VM was deleted by system due to delay payment about 30days. Can I restore that VM? After I paid and re-enable my billing account. My VM was deleted by system.

1 8 1,130
8 REPLIES 8

Hello elec2rak,

If billing becomes disabled on your projects, all billable Google Cloud services in the affected projects are shut down. Many services can be restarted after you re-enable billing on the projects, though some services might be removed while billing is disabled. 

Removed resources are not recoverable.

Please check this documentation for reference.

Mean that GCP is very critical service that will destroy user data every time the delay payment. Why not the system automatically generate snap, images, or anything else before delete VM?

Well, it's not GC fault. You as a resource owner , are responsible for payment. None of cloud provider will gently generate VM snap or something, because owner might forget pay for resource use. I would even say, that's pretty normal, that once you not paying, your resources will be deleted. 

cheers,
DamianS

Do you ever rent a house, room or condominium? Did they remove, delete or
destroy that property? Google has more resource on hand just auto create
snap shot to let owner backup. Stupid rule and policy waste time to due in
this case finally it can't not recovery.

Thank you

What a dummy reply.

Hello elec2rak,

Did you manage to solve your problem? This happened to me even though I paid everything before the 30 days expired. This is absurd.

I had the same problem!

They deleted the important project because of the problems with payment.
Absurd! I don't recommend the gcloud anymore!

I come to this forum because I am desperate. I have two projects (Camunda and Alfresco, a client's projects) on Google Cloud Platform, the thing is that everything was normal, until it turns out that my bank rejected the payment of the November invoice on December 1, the thing is that it did not I didn't realize until yesterday that my clients told me they can't use the systems (they don't use them very often). Well, when I go to check my account I find out about this issue with the rejection of payments and not only for November but also for December. Well, I read that one of Google's policies is that they give 30 days to resolve the payment issue if they do not delete the machines (VM), and the truth is I did not realize, nor did my bank notify me that it had rejected those transactions. The fact is that I turn to you to find out if there is a way to recover these virtual machines or if they have already been lost, it does not matter if I have to pay Google to help me and be able to recover these two VMs (Computing Engine). I appreciate your help in advance. 😞