[SUSPECTED INCIDENT] Monitoring down on log based metrics

Hello Google Team,

From about 4pm (GMT+2) we have almost no data on our graph based on log based metrics. If we use the log based metrics query in the log explorer, we do have data.

Please check your servers and update the status page.

Thank you 

2 5 181
5 REPLIES 5

Seems that there is some backfilling on graphs happening.

Unbelievable that the status page is not updated.

Hello @poiuytrez ,

Welcome on the Google Cloud Community. Keep in mind, that this is NOT OFFICIAL Google Cloud Support page. We are group of engineers, architects and Google Cloud enthusiasts, who are always willing to help each other, however we are not acting as Official Google Cloud Support. If you have any issue, and you are paying for higher that Basic tier support plan, you should create support ticket. However, if you have Basic support plan, what you can do is utilize IssueTracker[1] and report a bug. 

Also, keep in mind, that AFAIR each change for log-based metrics will affect time for obtaining data, so data should be visible AFTER metric has been created, which is different that executing log query in Logs Explorer.

[1]. https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/new

cheers,
DamianS

Hi Damian,

Thank you for your answer. The log based metric was not changed. I have not found yet a reliable free way to notify Google Cloud of their own incidents. 

Cheers.

PS:  Last time, I paid 300 € of support to notify their services that logs were not working (https://status.cloud.google.com/incidents/bMAYzVmupVWVNUjPhchQ). I was anonymously acknowledged in the postmortem). I am a bit tired of this situation. 

Basically without support plan, you can utilize IssueTracker. I'm doing in this way for my private projects. For company related project, I'm utilizing Support Portal. 

PS: I've checked Infra Status, and I didn't found any active issues atm.

cheers,
DamianS

Just to close this thread, graph are now working well but the data was never completely backfilled on some graphs.