GKE networking inside the node

Hello Team,

We have recently set-up a GKE cluster. I have a question regarding their CNI. I have read from GCP documents and other articles that there is a bridge which all veth interfaces connect to. However, I cannot find it on the nodes.

When I inspect each veth interface, they all have the same ip address

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 4.40.05 pm.png

I am using a VPC native cluster ( )with alias IP for the PODS. please see the below networking settings of the cluster.

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 4.46.12 pm.png

As per my understanding, each of the veth inet should show me the POD IP, but not sure why its is displaying 11.0.4.1/32 and also I do not see a bridge network (I expect cbr0).

Can someone, please help to understand this set-up. Please let me know if you need any additional details

Regards,

Pradeep

0 3 481
3 REPLIES 3

Can you confirm if you see the pods with the same IP address when listing them with kubectl? Are you currently also experiencing an issue with your cluster?

Hi @ErnestoC ,

Thank you for your response. My cluster is working all good. 

The PODS have different IP address (in the same range). So, I am expecting the veths to have the POD IPs and a bridge network thats connects all these veth's. 

If you see this below screen print and the earlier screen print, you will see what I am referring to.

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 3.43.28 pm.png

Regards,

Pradeep

According to a previous thread and the documentation, a bridge cbr01 will not be created if there are pods which set hostNetwork to false. If your deployment does not have that configuration then the bridge device will not be created. 

Top Labels in this Space