Can't delete although admin (Permission 'storage.objects.delete' denied on resource)

Hello,

I've created an export from a Google Workspace group, which have been created in Google Cloud and I wand to delete now. When I select it and try to delete, I get the following error: "mymail does not have storage.objects.delete access to the Google Cloud Storage object. Permission 'storage.objects.delete' denied on resource (or it may not exist)."

In IAM I see the following roles. Is anything missing to be allowed to delete that export?

• Environment and Storage Object Administrator
  • Organization Administrator
  • Owner
  • Storage Admin
  • Storage Folder Admin
  • Storage Object Admin

4 1 59
1 REPLY 1

Hello @jgr1,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

Since the roles of Storage Object Admin, Storage Admin, and Owner usually allow for deletion, consider these steps to fix the issue:

1. Confirm you're logged into the correct account with the necessary roles. Errors can happen if you use the wrong or multiple accounts.
2. There might be a delay if these roles were just assigned to your account. It usually takes a few minutes for the changes to become active. 
3. Check if the object you want to delete exists and if you're using the right reference (URL or identifier). The error could be because the object doesn’t exist.
4. Use the command line tool to attempt deleting the object. 

If the problem persists after these steps, please contact Google Cloud Support for further assistance.