Cloud Nat Monitoring not working

I just set up Cloud NAT and it all seems to be working correctly. When I click on the instance and go to the "Monitoring" tab, all of the charts are blank and say "No data available for the selected time frame". I thought maybe it was because logging was turned off, but I turned it on and they're showing up just fine, but still nothing on the charts.

If I open the charts in Metrics Explorer, it seems like they're linking to data that doesn't exist. Does anybody know what's going on?

6 2 92
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @brett_myers,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Not all Cloud NAT metrics might be available immediately after creation. Some metrics accumulate data over time. See this documentation for specific metrics you're interested in and their typical data collection timelines.

See also Configure Cloud NAT logging

It's been well over a week that all egress has been going through NAT and there are still no metrics showing up. If I go to Metrics Explorer and try to manually make charts of the data, essentially none of the metrics described in the docs appear as options `nat/nat_allocation_failed` is the only metric under the NAT section.