Connecting different VPC via PSC

Hi,

Wanted to check feasibility of having single PSC work for multiple URLs in the consumer side project.

I am having some complex routing between the two VPCs, so to simplify, was looking forward for using PSC. But as per my understanding, I will require many PSC to be created (one per backend service).

I am however looking forward for a solution to save the complex routing using limited PSCs.

2 1 131
1 REPLY 1

Hi @amitkhosla ,

To make a single PSC work for multiple URLs in the consumer-side project, you have to create separate private connections for each URL or service. Each connection will be linked to a specific URL or service, allowing you to manage multiple connections efficiently. 

To implement this solution, create a Private Connection for every backend or URL within the consumer-side project. Associate these private connections with a service provider located in a different project or VPC. Afterward, link the services or URLs to their corresponding Private Connections. This enables you to specify the reach-ability of each service through its respective connection.

Things you have to consider :

1. Routing config - Consumer-side and service provider VPCs must be correctly setup for their connectivity.
2. Firewall Rules - Traffic between the connected services through Private Service Connect must have proper allow rules. 
3. Endpoint config - Make sure the configs between endpoints in the consumer-side project to service provider projects through Private Connection are correct.

Hope this helps.