Enabling Port 25 for My Project

Hello Google Community,

I’m reaching out after encountering an unexpected challenge with Google support. My request was simple: enabling port 25 for my project, a necessary step for its functionality. Despite following the official channels and even having a support contract, my submission through the recommended form has been met with silence.

This situation has left me questioning the efficiency of the support process for straightforward tasks. My attempts have resulted in a loop of non-responsiveness, without any direct communication or guidance on how to proceed.

Has anyone else experienced similar difficulties with seemingly simple support requests? I’m looking for advice on alternative paths to resolution or any insight into navigating Google’s support system more effectively.

Thank you for your time and help.

here no one answering: https://cloud.google.com/contact?hl=de

and my case at google (PII Removed by Staff) the supporter forwards me always to this link :=) 

Best regards,

0 1 100
1 REPLY 1

Hi @breakiboy ,

By default, Google Cloud blocks egress packets sent to TCP destination port 25 of an external IP address (including an external IP address of another Google Cloud resource) as mentioned in this documentation. As a result, even though you explicitly configure a firewall on port 25 it will be blocked by the Google SMTP constraint policy. However, if it is feasible for you to use other standard ports, Google Cloud does not place any restrictions on traffic sent to external destination IP addresses using destination TCP ports 587 or 465. For more information on this you can refer to the document.

You can also refer to this community discussion as it is related to your concern.

If that is not an option for you,  your Technical Account Manager(TAM) should submit the request on allowing port 25 on your behalf.