How calculate the bandwidth usage of a single vm

How to calculate the bandwidth usage of a single vm starting from the 1st of each month.

Now I use Metrics Explorer, but he doesn't support each month.

cleonchen_0-1667464636679.png

0 6 1,404
6 REPLIES 6

A straightforward interface for surfacing and alerting on the GCE data is provided by the Stackdriver monitoring service. This metric under GCE VM instances allows you to keep track of the sent bytes and received bytes. This ought to give you an idea of the bandwidth, in my opinion. You can follow the instructions on the page to make the chart.

Another tool on GCP is the VPC Flow Log. A sample of network flows that are sent to and received by VM instances are recorded in VPC Flow Logs. These logs can be used for forensic investigation, real-time security assessment, and cost reduction. More details are available here.

Hi team
Stackdriver monitoring service.
For example, in the case of my attachment, there is no way to use monthly calculations
For example: 11/1-30, 12/1-31

Hi @cleonchen 

In the chart editor, there are options to choose the chart period. Click Custom, and set the from & to dates that you need metrics for. Please see the attached screenshot.

kumards_0-1667845076330.png

Hi @kumards 
I have tried to select the Alignment unit as the unit of days as shown in the following figure.
However, it is not possible to calculate exact dates, eg: sum of traffic from 1 to 30/31 of each month
thanks

cleonchen_0-1667870661685.png

Another tool on GCP is the VPC Flow Log. 
Is it a paid option?

Hello cleonchen,

Yes, it is a paid option. You can find details 
here.