Inquiry Regarding DPA Grant Suspensions and Channel Patterns

Hey Everyone,
 I have a question regarding the pattern of Dynamic Spectrum Access (DPA) grant suspensions, specifically in relation to radio channels.

Suppose a radio is currently operating on the 3550MHz-3560MHz channel, and it experiences a suspension at some point. My inquiry is whether there is a discernible pattern in subsequent DPA events that might indicate a higher likelihood of the same channel being suspended again.

The reason behind this inquiry is to optimize our channel assignment strategy for radios. If there is a historical trend indicating that a particular channel is more prone to suspension during DPA events, I would like to deprioritize that specific channel during radio assignment to potentially enhance overall performance.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or information you could provide to clarify this doubt. Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards

2 1 175
1 REPLY 1

Hi there!

Great question. Historical data for DPA activations is not available due to DoD restrictions. However, channels that are being actively affected by DPA activation are depriortized in a spectrum inquiry. We would recommend having your devices request spectrum inquiries after suspension and using that information to request temporary grants for the duration. Channels at the top of the SI results are unlikely to be suspended unless DPA activity is being detected across a broad swath of spectrum simultaneously.

Kind regards,
James