Network Planning Tool - "Run all study layers" Never Completing

Hi there,

For the past two days, I've not been able to complete any propagations (raster plots) for network plans that I've created.  I'm aware that historically (even at the end of last week) that after you click "Run all study layers", the "Computing..." icon can sometimes show indefinitely (even after the process has completed).  If you "cancel" after more time than it usually takes and just refresh the web page, the actual study may have completed.  However, all this week, regardless of how small the network plan is, the propagation never completes for me (even after leaving for hours).

Is anyone having the same issue, please?

Many thanks

Solved Solved
1 4 347
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For some reason, when you click on a device in one of my projects, the "band" was showing as blank, hence causing the error.  This was the same across all of my projects (no idea how this happened) as this was unchanged since last week.  Anyway, now that this is rectified, the studies are completing.

Thanks again for your help, but for now, please consider this as resolved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello David123,

Coverage studies appear to be working as expected in testing and I haven’t seen any other reports of new issues in the last couple days.

In testing I see a project with a single device typically concludes within a few minutes, while a project with roughly 50 sites is typically done in less than 10 minutes. Please be aware, these durations can vary considerably depending on the size of the project and server load.

As you've correctly pointed out, it might occasionally be necessary to refresh your browser to see that the coverage studies have completed. This is detailed in our FAQ section in the Help Center:

https://support.google.com/network-planner/answer/12640546#zippy=%2Cwhy-do-coverage-studies-take-lon...

Coverage studies might occasionally appear to run indefinitely when they’re actually completed. If it seems like coverage studies take longer than usual, you can safely reload your browser to check if the studies are actually completed. If they’re completed, you’ll no longer see "Computing…" on the top toolbar, and you’ll be able to use the "Select coverage" drop down menu to display your coverage studies.

I noted in your post that you stated:

If you "cancel" after more time than it usually takes and just refresh the web page, the actual study may have completed.

If you haven’t done so already, could you try just refreshing the browser while the study is still running? There is no need to hit the ‘Cancel’ button before refreshing - I am wondering if 'Canceling' could be deleting 'completed' reports in the background. 

Should the issue persist, you might want to try using a different web browser. Please note that our testing of the Network Planner has primarily been conducted using the Google Chrome browser, but you can use other browsers at your own risk. 

Thanks,
Alex_S

Hi Alex,

Firstly, Thank You for all your help and advice here....it's much appreciated.

The studies I've been running are anything from a single site to anything less than five (i'm trying across multiple projects).  The same studies were completing no problem last week (and beyond) and it's only since the start of this week, that I can't complete anything.

Taking a single site project as an example, this just runs indefinitely.  I have clicked the refresh button after 30 minutes (not cancelled the job), but there are no studies to view.  Also, I am using Google Chrome, but have just tried using Microsoft Edge.....same behaviour for both.  I've cleared cache for both browsers etc.  Not sure what else I can try??

It's interesting that I seem to be the only person having this issue.

Thanks,

David

For some reason, when you click on a device in one of my projects, the "band" was showing as blank, hence causing the error.  This was the same across all of my projects (no idea how this happened) as this was unchanged since last week.  Anyway, now that this is rectified, the studies are completing.

Thanks again for your help, but for now, please consider this as resolved.

Thanks for the update! I'm not sure what would have caused that.

In case anyone runs into this in a larger project in the future, I will mention that you can use 'batch edit' to change the band on all the devices in a project in one go - just be sure to enter the band name exactly as it appears in the project settings.

Learn more about 'batch edit' here: https://support.google.com/network-planner/answer/11221714