Sharing storage limit on Google Cloud Free Tier among VMs

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this question regarding the use of Google Cloud's Free Tier. I am trying to understand if the 30GB of free storage allocated to the Cloud Compute service can be shared across multiple virtual machines.

Here's a specific example to better illustrate my question:

Currently, I have two e2-micro virtual machines running for 12 hours each (one at a time), totaling 730 hours per month. Each virtual machine has a storage of 10GB. Since the maximum free limit is 30GB, I assume I won't be charged anything, right?

My main question is whether I can create two virtual machines with storage of 30GB each, or if I need to stick to the limit of the sum of the machine storages (in my case, 20GB) to avoid additional charges.

I appreciate any advice or experiences you can share on this topic. Thank you in advance for the help!

1 1 337
1 REPLY 1

Hi @exto,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

To avoid unforeseen charges while using the Free Trial credits, you may stick to the total limit of the machine storages to prevent incurring additional costs.

Also, as best practice, you can set up billing and budget alerts by following the steps in this documentation.

I hope this helps. Thank you. 😃