Show content of GCP Bucket in GDrive

Is it possible to use Google Storage (Bucket of about 4TB files) and show it somehow in Google drive? (show only, not to copy it) Ideal it would be to show it in Google drive the same way as Team drives are visible : separate Tab, once you click it, you can browse through it.

Reason : I plan to use the Bucket storage 4TB as filesystem to store all company data for our ERP system ( linux based), I could possibly map the created storage bucket through GOOGLE FUSE as local drive for the linux distro, so the ERP will store all the files without knowing its document storage is in cloud. But in same time I need to allow editing the files stored in BUCKET in behind of the ERP (all our domain users to access the files they should have access to from programms (editing)
Here comes the tricky part : As the Bucket will contain alot sensitive data without permissions set, I need to manage the access to the root folders for users : So I need to have it available in GDrive for every user too, I am thinking of setting the access on root folders through emails of GGroups (not individuals) a scenario , which we are actually using.
another thing is that I need to have the rule applied on all existing or future domain users, but their content they have access to Drive (Bucket and folders) will depend upon GGroup they are in.(person in Marketing Group will have access to root folders 1.Marketing+2.Contacts, People in GGroup CRM will have access to root folders 2.Contacts+3.CRM, etc.

Another thing is : Do not want to use Shared Team drives, so the space on each person GDrive is limit, I can not COPY the content of 4TB Bucket to every drive...nonse, so I want it only to be accessible in GDrive as Tab ideally (similar way how Team Drives are on new tab

0 3 224
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @info1360,

There is no way to display only your files from Google Cloud Storage Bucket to Google Drive because they use a different service. However you can create a feature request for this. 

Thanks.

Thanks, but it is possible to use API to connect to both of them, right? so is there possibly any software tool that links these 2 spaces together ?

Example : I need to store 1TB of  files on virtual machine in GCP (on bucket), but the same 1TB of files I need to have available at hand when creating Google sheets, Docs, etc....I can map the bucket as local drive on Windows, but wanted to have this on chromebooks, mobile etc...too.

Hi @info1360 ,

That's an interesting use case! This article discusses an approach for using Google Colab to load data from gdrive to GCS: https://philipplies.medium.com/transferring-data-from-google-drive-to-google-cloud-storage-using-goo.... I wonder whether a similar approach can work in the reverse direction.