VM Resources unavailable

Hello team,

I have previously created a Vertex AI Notebook that was working fine. I had to stop it and now when I try to restart it, I get the following error

"instance-20230719-175205: The zone 'projects/<project-name>/zones/us-central1-a' does not have enough resources available to fulfill the request. Try a different zone, or try again later.: Something went wrong. Sorry about that."

I checked resource quotas and they are all fine. I have also encountered this resource unavailability in other GCP services that I used to run without issues.

Can you please help?

Thanks!

1 2 291
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @aela,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

The error you posted is one of the common resource errors that you might encounter when you request new Compute Engine resources. The specific zone you are trying to use in the GCP for your project does not currently have sufficient resources available. 

To resolve resource errors:

In general, the best way to resolve a resource error is to retry the request in a different zone, at a different time, or with a different VM configuration. If the error message you received included a reason field, you can find specific remediation recommendations to help you resolve the error in the Resource error reasons and recommendations section of this document.

Thanks!

+1 on this topic,  tried different zone and different time (I tried everyday in this 2weeks), always showing same error. I encountered this error when creating user-managed notebook. *I can create/use managed notebook.