gcloud compute snapshots - force full snapshot

With "gcloud compute snapshots create    .... " we crate snapshots of a disk for example. First snapshot is "full"  and every other is "diff"  , is my understanding.
If I want to have every month or every year new  "full" snapshot , how I can accomplish this , or I can have only one "full"  ...

3 1 56
1 REPLY 1

Hi @vcdamyanov 

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Standard snapshots incrementally back up data on a disk. After you create a snapshot, you can use it to create a new disk containing the captured data. Standard snapshots provide geo-redundant backups of a single disk. A snapshot captures the contents of a disk whether or not the disk is attached to a running virtual machine (VM) instance. There are 3 types of snapshots—standard, instant, and archive—all capture the contents of a disk at a specific point-in-time.

To backup an entire VM or multiple disks at once, create a machine image instead, which is a Compute Engine resource that stores all the configuration, metadata, permissions, and data from multiple disks of a virtual machine (VM) instance. You can use a machine image in many system maintenance, backup and recovery, and instance cloning scenarios.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need further assistance, you can always file a case with our support team.