Diwali Challenge: Game on!

October 29 UPDATE: Games 2 & 4 are open for a very limited time. Thank you for joining us for this challenge. I hope it's been fun! What new skill did you learn? Drop us a note in the comments 👇 and see you soon 😉🎃

October 28 UPDATE: Last chance! Games 1 & 3 are open for a very limited time. Good luck! ☁️

UPDATE: Keep an eye on game start and end dates! The third #DiwaliInTheCloud challenge has been extended. 

The fourth challenge (available tomorrow!) is all about Firebase. Plus a little FHIR (pronounced "fire") and Firestore 😉 Learn why these skills are so hot 🔥 when you build your first serverless web app, do advanced data management, and even deploy a Hugo website. Earn the badge to learn new skills and add another Arcade point to your collection! Play now.

October 25, afternoon UPDATE: Thank you for your patience today. You should be able to proceed with labs without further issues. Please note that Diwali Game 3: Flowers and Flutter has been extended to allow more time for lab completion. Good luck! And thanks for bearing with us! 

October 25 UPDATE: Hi folks! We're seeing an issue impacting the Flutter challenge. We are working on restoring the labs to full health. Please keep an eye out for adjustments to game 3's start and end dates. I'll post another update soon. Thanks for reporting the issue here - very helpful 🙂 

UPDATE: Keep an eye on game start and end dates! The first #DiwaliInTheCloud challenge is wrapping up soon.

The second challenge is all about how Looker can help you find insights in your data, even if you don't have a data science degree. Earn the badge to learn new skills and add another Arcade point to your collection! Play now.

---

I’m so excited to invite you to this year’s Diwali challenge! Seats open up in a few hours. You can activate the Arcade (the latest way to learn) for your account now, so you’re ready at game time.

What’s the challenge all about?

This challenge is a multi-game series. You’ll explore technology like Google Sheets, Looker, Flutter, and Firebase. Each game badge is one Arcade point. Complete some, complete all, there are no prerequisites and no set order for this one. You’ll notice a few #GoogleClouts in the mix too! 

The challenges are designed to be a little, well, challenging! But if you’re just getting started on your cloud journey, don’t worry, you can take your time. Each lab gives you step-by-step instructions, and you can have multiple tries. Feeling lost? Optionally, take this tour to familiarize yourself with how labs work (there’s no cost for this). 

OK, but what’s the Arcade all about?

Glad you asked. The Arcade is the latest way to learn (and earn) with us. Activate the Arcade for your account, then play games to learn new skills and earn points. In December, there will be an opportunity to redeem points for prizes. 

Participation in the Arcade is totally optional. Feel free to avail yourself of the games and labs even if you’re not interested in prizes! 

Whew! If you’re still reading (😉), enjoy the holiday. Best wishes to you and your family during the Festival of Lights. And…. game on!

Play now

27 69 8,686
69 REPLIES 69

Babar_Ali
Participant V

Hello @emily927 As we have seen in previous challenges, swag eligibility was measured based on badges. Now that points have been introduced in Arcade. So I want to ask how many points to collect upon which piece of swag will get

Good question! We'll be sharing more about Arcade prize tiers later this week. The most accurate and up to date information will be on the Arcade page in the prize counter preview section. 

@emily927 mam please increase slots for diwali game 3 please

Hello @emily927 I've earned 7 Arcade points as I've total 7 Arcade badges. Looking forward to the next #Halloween Challenge 🎃. Would you like to tell more about #Hallowean? 

P.S :Eagerly waiting for Arcade Prize Tier!!

Brother if you have extra credits then kindly help me out by sending few at krishnagautam1631@gmail.com 

It'd be very helpful!

NavyBoing
Participant I

No seat available in Diwali Game 1?

game not start why show

Brother if you have extra credits then kindly help me out by sending few at krishnagautam1631@gmail.com 

It'd be very helpful!

mayankgpt50
Participant IV

Hi emily927 Not able to join Diwali Game 1: Rangoli and Google Sheets

Anudhyan
Participant V

please open more slots to 

Diwali Game 1: Rangoli and Google Sheets

Anudhyan
Participant V

I think most could not join the first game of the diwali challenge that is related to google sheets. Please open more slots

Zero seats available now

arunkrsingh_0-1666504676865.png

Anudhyan
Participant V

so requesting @emily927 to open more slots for the same

Should we have to complete this by today itself? 

Before 9:30 a.m 24th October, means tomorrow.

Paul321
Participant III

Happy Diwali everyone !  This is the first time I am celebrating this festival.  I am glad to learn more about it and the traditions and take an interest thanks to the google cloud lens.       I look forward to getting up very early in my time zone everyday to grab a seat at the game table.

Anudhyan
Participant V

Please extend the time frame of the diwali challenge game 1

Anudhyan
Participant V

@emily927 kindly extend the time frame for Diwali Challenge Game 1 i.e. is working with Spreadsheets. I had completed 3 labs starting from 9 PM  Indian Standard Time but just missed out on 2 labs as time frame was less. Therefore I appeal for time extension

HarisJ
Participant II

Done 2nd game

Nice, congrats! 

I'm unable to start the lab 4 and lab 5 in Diwali Game 1. @emily927 , can you please check and help me

Server down it is being fixed

https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/games/3389/labs/21261 

mam i am unable to access this lab. Could you please look into it ?

Thankyou.

Please assist me since I tried to open these Labs of Diwali Game 3 but they are giving me an issue.

Babar_Ali
Participant V

@emily927 

@Yugali

Today: I'm Unable to start all Labs in Diwali Game 3 😒😒😒

What's the problem with labs now. I am facing error in all labs and it does not start. Why ????

RushR
Participant I

issue in Flutter lab -game 3, Lab 2-Flutter Qwik Start

Rushina_0-1666700760099.png

And on several retries, another error

Rushina_1-1666700821068.png

Even on closing the tab and opening another lab in a new tab

Rushina_2-1666701060629.png

Anudhyan
Participant V

I am requesting 

@emily927  

@Yugali

to reopen the Game 1 of Diwali Challenge: Rangoli with Google Sheets as there many students who could not complete it within 24 hours. I myself had to miss out on 2 labs from the same. Many such issues happened with several students. 24 hours is not sufficient for such labs. W have to figure out what's the task we are required to do and that requires ample time. Now there is an huge outage in the recently opened 3rd game of the Diwali challenge; Kindly for the betterment of students open all the Games of the Diwali challenge for 3/4 days so that students can complete it properly.

Also I am facing this indentation problem in Google spreadsheet since ages where text are getting overlapped.see how writings are getting overlappedsee how writings are getting overlapped

devczan
Participant II

yet the labs hasnot been restored?😑

It will take 4 to 5hrs team is do the needful

UBITian
Participant II

Hey Emily!

Can you please help me Up with the Question.

It's from the Topic Basics of Firebase, Cloud Function, App Engine, Cloud Run, Google Kubernetes Engine, Compute Engine.

I don't know it's related to your Post or not.

Well the Question is :- Which Google Compute Option would you choose for your next Project and why would you Choose it.

I just need a Short answer to Write it my Journal just like a Home Work Q/A.

Thanks and Regards.

Great question. Priyanka can help you with that!

Ya m looking for Quick response.

I have less time please mention Priyanka.

Thanks.

UBITian
Participant II

Check out my LinkedIn Post regarding Current Challenge regarding Day 6 Challenge :-

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/activity:6990983774033334272

Please like the Post.

Thanks for leveling me Up in Participant I Category.

edchuy
Participant IV

I get "Sorry, access denied to this resource." for the "workspace" one.  For the "website" one I have gotten "This game is currently not open for joining. Join in about X hours." in two consecutive days. I have been able to enter the code for the two other ones.

SidVjSingh
Participant V

@emily927 would you please increase slots in diwali game 4

As it already gone out of slots in just an hour of start. Many of us are not able to enter.

yvssairam
Participant II

@emily927 

Done with Diwali Checklist 📝 looking for other learning checklist
yvssairam_0-1666855284867.png

When new slots will be opened for Game 4 any idea?

Bholoubi
Participant V

Hello all, 

I just finished Diwali Game 4    Finallly  😁 

there is still 423 spots 

Good luck all. 

Team QuikLab & cloudskillsboost.google

Sir please help us. My Last day challenge one lab doesn't start... it say "Sorry, your quota for this lab has been exceeded in this game." Sir when i try in evening time then its automatically gone disconnect then i decide to do it in last but when we again try to solve this lab it shows this error. Sir please help us.

Top Labels in this Space