Exceeded the GCP free tier usage limits

Hi,

Dear Google,I have been been utilizing GCP(Google clouds) for learning purposes under the free trial.

Unfortunately, there was an unintentional usage of a service "Looker" in project_id=project-1-410706, resulting in unexpected charges. I, therefore immediately stopped the service within 24 hours.

I was on free trial and created a Looker instance on 25 January, 2024. I was not aware that "Looker" service is not covered in free tier usage limits. After realizing about the nature of the service, I immediately stopped the instance I created on 26 January, 2024 within 24 hours.

I was not aware of the fact that "Looker" will consume the free trial credits and the charges being started to
apply automatically during my free trial, and I will be charged a heavy amount, for a middle class person.
As I am not used it for professional use and having a limited budget, this has created a financial strain for me.

After learning more about this, I came to know that:
"Any usage above Free Tier usage limits is automatically billed at standard rates."
And we should request for Looker 30-days free trial in order to use it.

I understand the importance of terms and conditions but as it was a 'genuine' mistake,
I apologize on my part. I am reaching out to kindly request your help in reviewing and possibly dropping the charges incurred due to this usage.

So, kindly guide me resolving the matter, and consider my request.

Actually, I tried emailing to "support-in@google.com" for help right away and "Google Stackdriver discussion forum" but didn't get help from there.

And is there a way to contact GCP billing team without going for $29 standard support plan as I didn't find the cloud billing assistant helpful for this use-case.?

0 0 72
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space