GCP Certification Associate or Professional?

Hi Folks,

I am 15 years experienced Data Analyst in the leading Banking  Finanance Sector Leadership Role. I'm confused to choose which is the right direction for my GCP certification. Should I start with GCP Associate Engineer or GCP Data Engineer Certification at Professional Level? I have a basic understanding and working knowledge of GCP. Can some experts in the forum... Please assist. 

Solved Solved
0 3 262
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jerry!!

If you are having some basic cloud computing knowledge and have a working experience in cloud, then you can directly goto any professional certification.

As you have data expertise and also banking and finance domain knowledge, you can go for Data Engineer certification this will empower and enable you to design, build, operationalise, secure, and monitor data processing systems with a particular emphasis on security and compliance; scalability and efficiency; reliability and fidelity; and flexibility and portability.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Great question

Firstly, I'm not an expert but I know little better about these certification. 

If you are aware of GCP console and services they provides and want to learn much deeper go for Cloud ACE certification as it's the most basic certification to start with. And definitely you will learn new stuffs along the way.

Or if you want a professional certification that means you have prior knowledge about all the services they provide, then you must go for a Google Data Engineer certification.

You can easily google for the learning pathways for the certification course you want to pursue. 

Happy Clouding 😊 ☁️ 😃

Hi Jerry!!

If you are having some basic cloud computing knowledge and have a working experience in cloud, then you can directly goto any professional certification.

As you have data expertise and also banking and finance domain knowledge, you can go for Data Engineer certification this will empower and enable you to design, build, operationalise, secure, and monitor data processing systems with a particular emphasis on security and compliance; scalability and efficiency; reliability and fidelity; and flexibility and portability.

Yes. I do have Cloud knowledge. Will jump to professional Data Engineer Certification. Thanks for your reply. 

Top Labels in this Space