Google need to do something about bots in Community Forum

So perhaps you’ve noticed this as well. Starting from this month, there have been some abnormal interactions on every post and comment we publish. Let’s take a closer look at these members—does anything seem familiar?

@cloud_lady @z3n @KhushalParmar @agi83 

These four members giving likes to every post, comment here in the forum. Mmm.. what could go wrong?

avjayarathne_3-1713255240534.pngavjayarathne_4-1713255269476.png

avjayarathne_5-1713255282097.pngavjayarathne_6-1713255296997.png

It seems none of them isn't online. Uh... oh kind of suspicious. Well, someone can say it's just a glitch!

Now, let’s take a closer look at a recent post that was posted on April 16, 2024, at 11:17 AM(IST). Despite none of these members being marked as ‘online’ at that time, there are still likes from these so-called members.

avjayarathne_7-1713255649385.pngavjayarathne_8-1713255656303.png

I’m not acting childish or overly sensitive, but it frustrates me that every post on here receives bot likes, regardless of the content. At this stage, what's the point of ‘like’ button? This is the official discussion forum for Google learning community, not some social media platform to farm engagement; so annoying.

Solved Solved
3 11 521
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the report @avjayarathne - we're looking into the matter.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Oh, God. The irony; here they come to this post too😆

avjayarathne_0-1713287893095.png

I did even report to community admins few days ago, but they took zero action. so here I am posting this thread finally

I think @agi83 is unlikely to be a bot, she has posted here quite a lot. But that pattern of instant likes is indeed strange. Another option could be that someone has hacked their accounts and makes them freak out.

I agree with all written. Looks like someone hacked these guys or one person has these accounts to abuse the new rank system on the Google Cloud Community.🦊

Let's see if they come to mee also

Be sure they will come🤣

Already came they are so fast

@Lauren_vdv  @Yugali  @carrie  Please review this post team 

Better notify the moderator at the POST OPTIONS and mark inappropriate content with the message to read this post and to take action about these suspicious accounts. I hope it will be a faster response.

Lol they liked complaint also 

100% bots confirmed they are either hacked or someone is doing something fishy 

It cannot be done manually within seconds they are liking posts

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the report @avjayarathne - we're looking into the matter.

Top Labels in this Space