Introduction to Migration Center Assessments Lab Error

In the Task 8 - Review Data in StratoZone, even after waiting for the remaining lab time (nearly for an hour) the assets are not getting updated in the StratoZone.

Tried twice, wasted 3 hours, got what ? Absolutely nothing

I have only that lab left to complete the badge. 

Why don't the curators review the labs before adding them in challenges ? Do they use us as "Guinea Pigs" ? Qwiklabs thinks that we don't have any other work to do rather than doing useless lengthy buggy labs ?

Rather than asking about our 'new year resolution' Qwiklabs should have taken a resolution to not use the participants as 'Scapegoats'

@carrie @emily927  

Solved Solved
4 38 2,041
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey, Clouders!

One way around is after competing task 6,  upload the CVS file from this lab (https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/focuses/10267?parent=catalog) to StratoZone. Then generate random reports - only report names are important - chose whatever format. Do not wait for the last report template to appear - just choose one that exists. But please compete the import of the CVS or task 8 won't be counted.

Cheers,

MC

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

I have the same issue with the Task 8.

Hey, Clouders!

One way around is after competing task 6,  upload the CVS file from this lab (https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/focuses/10267?parent=catalog) to StratoZone. Then generate random reports - only report names are important - chose whatever format. Do not wait for the last report template to appear - just choose one that exists. But please compete the import of the CVS or task 8 won't be counted.

Cheers,

MC

Access denied..

https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/focuses/10267?parent=catalog

There is a mistake with extra parenthesis in the end of the link. Btw it is about

VM Migration: Introduction to StratoZone Assessments  

GSP686

Did you finish the lab? It is just one file you need to upload from GSP686 to StratoZone.

P.S. BTW as I did this "download and fake reports" I got access to StratoZone "assets" after 20-25 minutes, but it was not necessary already. This was my second attempt with the same lab. 

try now we all are facing issue

You are facing issues on what step exactly? The lab is vastly long. Where exactly and what is the obstacle?

I tried uploading this file and the task got completed. This trick works.

Enjoy it! 😉

how did you did it?

Please read the lab GSP686 how to upload the infrastructure file to StratoZone. The lab also has the file. Import it to the StratoZone in the lab GSP1095. Then complete the import task. Generate fake reports (only names are important, not the template and content). Voila - the lab is completed!

I downloaded the csv file from gsp 686 lab and then uploaded it in the stratozone by creating a manual assessment 

Thank you it has worked out!

Is this the link of the file  you are talking about - > http://storage.googleapis.com/spls/gsp686/lab_server_list.csv 

@MikaCloud @SuchetaNandy @Viacheslav 

Yes

After completing task 6 in the Lab "Introduction to Migration Center Assessments" GSP 1095, You need to complete the same steps in Task 4 Start new assessment (manual) of the Lab "VM Migration: Introduction to StratoZone Assessments" GSP686.

Yes. Please read the GSP686 instructions how to import the CVS file. It is important to finish the import.

Can you make a short video for it

Abhishek,

I would, but first I need to learn how to record it. 😲 

Never did it before, but may be this is a good moment to start.

Best,

MC

Hey thanks a lot I am really happy to see you helping people complete the labs with ur tricks and tips very few people share their knowledge to others 

I completed the lab thanks a lot.

Do you have any social media account like insta , linkedin etc

??

My pleasure, Abhishek. I need to admit that not so many people ask for help (except credit points). P.S. I'll share my contacts later.

Are you sure that your nick name is not 'GOD SEND' ?? @MikaCloud 

Wow! Too big to be called this way for me 🙂

P.S. I saw similar faults in labs so usually think of plan B as I bounce into such situations.

P.P.S. I am happy that you completed the game. Good luck with new challenges!

hey so do we need to create all credentials too or can we jump to task 8
directly ??

As far I as I now you have to create credentials. Credentials are for the VM side (the task 6 is the last). And problem we all have (slow or no StratoZone connection) are on the StratoZone side, so task 8 and all below. But you always can try to click the task completion button earlier and see if the task is done 🙂

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue in this lab for task 8 and when I go to the mentioned link (https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/focuses/10267?parent=catalog) )it says access denied 😞 

Do look into this, Migration Centre is the only lab remaining to earn the badge.

Hi, You have to copy the link, paste into search bar and remove extra parenthesis in the end.

paste the link in rdp browser window

Alternatively, just log-in to CloudskillBoost (ex-Qwiklabs) web-site from the RDP machine in the lab GSP1095, go to Explore section, and find the lab VM Migration: Introduction to StratoZone Assessments. Then go to task 4 and follow instructions how to download-upload the infrastructure file to StratoZone. Then you can complete Task 8-13 in GSP1095.

Check this lab: https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/focuses/35963?parent=catalog

In the fifth task you can get a link with AWS files that also fix the issue: http://storage.googleapis.com/spls/gsp804/aws-import-files-lab.zip

Firstly, you need to upload this file as new assessment group

Then, create all reports with proper name and settings. In fact, I find out that you don't need the right type of the report, just name and settings.

Cannot complete the task 12 as there is not DB price from the zip that you shared. 

I have faced the same problem.

We want some solutions @emily927 @carrie 

They should remove this lab

I have the same experience. I tried the lab 2 times. Wasted me 3 hours and still cannot get any result to complete the tasks. 

I've got the same issue. I can't believe this was first reported over a year ago, and still hasn't been fixed. Definitely not a good advert for Stratozone (or the integration). I'm afraid I don't have the energy to "End Lab", with this one, complete a different lab just to download a file, only to go through all of this for over an hour again. I've done all the badges since January but this is the first one I won't get, as I cannot do all this again.

Edit: I solved it... sort of, by creating my own data. These are the steps I followed:

• Assessments > Create New Assessment Group
  • Type = manual asset entry, any name for assessment group / name / email
  • assessment name: any, upload type = manual
  • Download machine information template
  • Edit the template. I changed the machine names to A, B, C edited it in excel.
  • Upload the machine information
  • Once successfully imported, it will be able to generate the reports as required by the rest of the tasks. It seems only the presence of the report rather than the content gets checked.

Following is the raw content of the csv file, to save as a csv

MachineId,MachineName,PrimaryIPAddress(optional),PrimaryMACAddress(optional),PublicIPAddress(optional),IpAddressListSemiColonDelimited(optional),TotalDiskAllocatedGiB,TotalDiskUsedGiB,MachineTypeLabel(optional),AllocatedProcessorCoreCount,MemoryGiB,HostingLocation(optional),OsType(optional),OsPublisher(optional),OsName,OsVersion(optional),MachineStatus(optional),ProvisioningState(optional),CreateDate(optional),IsPhysical
A,ApplicationSrv,10.0.0.1,12-34-45-78-90-AB,1.1.1.1,10.0.0.1;1.1.1.1,250,100,e2-standard-16,16,8,us-east1,Linux/UNIX,"Canonical, Ubuntu, 20.04 LTS, amd64 focal image build on 2021-11-18",Ubuntu 20.04 LTS,,running,,2021-11-19 17:34:56+00:00,0
B,WebSrv,10.0.0.2,12-34-45-78-90-AC,1.1.1.1,10.0.0.2;1.1.1.1,500,250,n1-standard-8,8,8,us-central1,Linux/UNIX,"Canonical, Ubuntu, 20.04 LTS, amd64 focal image build on 2021-11-18",Ubuntu 20.04 LTS,,running,,2021-11-20 01:57:02+00:00,0
C,FileSrv,10.0.0.3,12-34-45-78-90-AD,1.1.1.2,10.0.0.3;1.1.1.1,4096,2560,n1-standard-4,4,8,us-west2,Linux/UNIX,"Canonical, Ubuntu, 20.04 LTS, amd64 focal image build on 2021-11-18",Ubuntu 20.04 LTS,,running,,2021-11-19 18:05:47+00:00,0

No record for the Task 12 too.

mvpkenlin_0-1713765258022.png

I got the same error, tried above solution but nothing seem to work !!! I think we should contact qwiklabs support .

Top Labels in this Space