LAB ERROR: Streaming Analytics into BigQuery: Challenge Lab

hey google support can you fix this lab error , it's not working properlyScreenshot 2024-04-23 145536.png

4 8 278
8 REPLIES 8

Yeah facing issue in task 4

yeah, faced same issue even after multiple attempts

I'm also facing the same issue.

rgjedi_0-1713895972364.png

Even with the Dataflow job running:

rgjedi_2-1713896090533.png

I try several times and I still not be able to finish this lab because of this issue.

Same issue here. The job is running successfully and has streamed data into BigQuery (in fact Task 5 validates as successful!) Shame I wasted more than an hour and 3 attempts at the lab before checking here to see if anyone else was experiencing issues -- that should be the first thing I do, since so many of the labs seem to contain bugs.

Edit: Solved... sort of. Instead of using the wizard, I instantiated the job in the cloud shell using the command line from the following lab: https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/course_templates/752/labs/461558 - task 4. Where they have called the job "iotflow" this should be the name of your job (but I accidentally created it named iotflow due to copy and paste, and the challenge lab still validated it successfully). So hopefully this may help anyone else who's encountered this.

contact chat support they will help it out

my task 4 was also not completing i contacted chat support they help me out and i was able to do task 4

Here's how to get credit for task 4. I would of never known this without contacting tech support

gcloud dataflow jobs run $JOB_NAME-1 --gcs-location gs://dataflow-templates-$REGION/latest/PubSub_to_BigQuery --region $REGION --staging-location gs://$DEVSHELL_PROJECT_ID/temp --parameters inputTopic=projects/$DEVSHELL_PROJECT_ID/topics/$TOPIC_NAME,outputTableSpec=$DEVSHELL_PROJECT_ID:$DATASET_NAME.$TABLE_NAME

great thanks for share

This is great. Thanks for sharing.

Top Labels in this Space