Learn to Earn Cloud Data Challenge: Tea break!

Hello everyone!

You may have noticed, we are currently experiencing a service disruption. I’m truly sorry for the inconvenience. Our team has been working on changes, but we need a little more time to catch up. So for now, we are pausing the Learn to Earn Cloud Challenge. We plan to resume play July 13, 2022.

But what about earning badges and prizes? 

Good question - when we resume play, you’ll notice additional time available on game tracks. We’ll make updates next week. If you’ve already earned enough badges to be eligible for a prize - great work by the way - you’ll receive a prize email at the conclusion of the challenge (no change). 

But what do you mean, tea break? 

Taking breaks is good for you. Plus it’s an opportunity for more games (and prizes) - outside of a lab manual! Let’s kick off with today’s tea break topic: mentorship. 

Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen to, and a push in the right direction.” — John CrosbyMentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen to, and a push in the right direction.” — John Crosby

We all need mentors to support us and give us that extra nudge towards opportunity. And it has been amazing to see mentorship happening here, as you all support each other with lab tricks, debugging, credits, and knowledge sharing.

So today, let’s celebrate mentors in this community. Folks who have been answering questions on Learn to Earn (and other programs), pointed to resources, and shared their experience.

Nominate someone who has helped you

Here’s how to participate:

1. Comment below and tag someone (a community member!) who has helped you over the course of this challenge. Or another challenge! We’re not picky! 
  2. They’ll need to have a GCC account so you can tag them. 
  3. Was your nominee already added by someone else? Upvote them! 

On Monday, we’ll select 5 GCC users (based on comments and GCC badges!) to get a surprise 🎁 in appreciation of their commitment to helping! 

Thanks in advance for the nominations - I’m looking forward to reading over a cup of coffee  

74 433 29.5K
433 REPLIES 433

They are working on it ...😊😇

Okay @Abhishek213, Thanks for the update.

• hey

hello sir 

@emily927 One mentor who has helped me in all the programs and challenges of Google cloud and Qwiklabs is @BtechCommerceWa He is one of the best mentors! without him many participants would have not known or completed the programs properly, I nominate him @BtechCommerceWa 😍

Thanks @Abhishek213 for your feedback and troubleshooting when labs were not working!

okay  thanks  for the update

I would like to thank @Mayankk1 and @emily927 as well, 🙂 for keeping me posted with the latest happenings around the challenges.

okay

Hello @emily927 ,

Thank you for the Tea break. Actually, the last challenge lab was too buggy. I have finished all of the challenge labs except one, "Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL Database Observability and Tuning". I received all of the badges except the data engineering badges because in one lab (Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL Database Observability and Tuning) I wasn't able to compete due to lab faults. I tried multiple times, but it didn't work. I am always stuck on task-3 "-In Cloud Shell, redeploy the application by running the following command: gmemegen-canary-7cc8687cfc-rqx4h" cannery development is not work.

However, I'd like to thank you, @emily927, and others who are working hard to help us learn about the GCP platform.
I'd also like to thank everyone who took part in these challenge labs. I'd like to request that you not delete the challenge activities history due to a lab error. This relates to both our inspiration and the other participants.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfqMzQ57hx22FUrvciDiprg/playlists

Here, I could get so many insights. Thanks for it!

Thanks for fixing faulty labs.

Happy weekend

This is one time I don't mind taking a break. I didn't even try to do any labs today ... so hopefully by the time we can resume things, they will work as we need them to. Otherwise, it is just an exercise in frustration for all involved.

Hi Community, I had earned Badges up to Learn to Earn Cloud Challenge: Machine Learning Engineering Skills  Badge.

Will i be able to complete this challenge?

So there were 3 badges so far till end of this week? 

@talhahaneef @samy_cloud After those 3 badges, 2 more for Database and Data Science were opened but they are paused for now. So next week those will reopen again and you can enroll in them, details will be there on learn to earn website. 3 more badges will be there now. 

how many badges u completed in learn to earn ?? can u tell so that we can assist u in better way

Can you help me to know how many of the new challenges got unlocked till end of this week ?!

I have got the yellow red and blue badge it seems!

hello @samy_cloud  the challenge is currently stopped ..and in past around 4 5 badges was unlocked for us ..thats great that u got that 3 badges ..hope u learned from those 

@Babar_Ali has been a great inspiration for me. When I talked to other participants, I found out that many of them put the value of prizes above the knowledge they gained. I got to know that they were here just for the prizes, and so they get frustrated when they can't achieve the completion badge due to some technical issues or any other reasons, ignoring the value of what they've learnt (assuming that they're taking these labs seriously). In this kind of aura, I met @Babar_Ali about 8 months ago through GCC only. He's working hard to gain more and more experience, and his focus is always on learning, and this thing about him inspires me the most. Thanks a lot, Bhaiya (brother).

Thank you So much Brother. It means a lot for me. 

Thank you everyone for helping because we are a community after all.

Special Thanks to Top Contributors:

@Abhishek213 

@MrKrishnaAgarwa(😅)

@smitop

hahah @MrKrishnaAgarwa thnk u for ur mention .means a lot 

It's great to take breaks, and I'm glad that we got some break

As I have just ended my Google Cloud Facilitator program and just after that this learn to earn program started, it's quiet hectic for me 😅

But now it's good that we got some break 🤗

hii @SidVjSingh  good to see that u are happy with  break ..hope u enjoyed the GCRF and hope u will enjoy learn to earn,...keep programing 

Sure, thanks

@shuvadeep1997 Helped me to get started with the Google cloud event. He has been an amazing mentor till now and helping me in every possible way. Also, He has been an amazing community member who loves to help others with their problem. He has been doing this community contribution throughout his college life. He believes in giving back to the community and he is continuing to do that. I want to appreciate his commitment for Helping

Richard_Rivero Thank you for sharing your credits, which was the key for me to complete the pre-requisite lab and gave me the chance to compete in this challenge!!

@iamrahul_j helped me and many batch mates to complete the challenges

The labs are pretty interesting and fun, can't wait to start again.🤟💯🔥🥳🤝

thats great @AkshajV  enjoy the program and complete the milestones..😀

Yes it is very interesting challange.

Mam... I completed the first two game, sports data analysis and ML... And already joined the last two games... But didn't complete yet... Can I get a chance to complete them after the maintenance finished because the time is not over in those games.

hello @rajarshi2303  yess u will get chance to complete ..dont worry u will surely get chance to complete..

yes u can chances are there they will revive those games

bhaiya you too helped a lot with your replies .....@Abhishek213 

Yes you will get chance to complete .They will extend date till 16 th i guess

Do worry you will get time to complete

@Yatin11 helped me a lot

Yup that my self i completed all by my self😅

@BtechCommerceWa thank you for your great support for us  and always stand behind to help us. As of course, he is a great mentor and problem solver for me. For his support only I can able to resolve the challenge when I stuck into it. He has also encouraged me to participate in such challenges ,like #googlecloudfaciliator, #learntoearnchallenge,etc , to learn something new from google. By performing the challenges we can able to learn how the cloud operations performed in google and many new things we can learn through participating in these challenges.

Top Labels in this Space