New Learning Challenge: Looker Data Analytics

It’s time to roll up your sleeves and dig into some data to get hands-on practice in Looker - the self-service data analytics platform! 

We've made these foundational hands-on learning modules totally free during for this Challenge, so you can focus on gaining key Looker skills and earning some badges along the way. Plus, the winner of the game will receive an extra reward.

This challenge will help prepare you for the next Looker Challenge  (Part 2), which will go one step deeper in developing these core platform skills.

How to participate:

Step 1: Register as a member of the Google Cloud Community

Step 2: Access the game here and  join with code gcc1-looker-chall, and follow the prompts to start the Launch & Learn challenge!

Step 3: Complete every activity in the challenge to earn a Skill Badge, which you can share across your network with pride. Make sure to keep an eye on the Challenge Scoreboard to see who's in the #1 spot! If it's you, you're in for a nice prize. 

Step 4: Post a screenshot of your newly minted Skill Badge in this thread to earn a special Community Badge which you can then flaunt on your new Community profile!

The Community member* at the top of the scoreboard at the time the game is closed will be rewarded with something objectively cool. (*You must be a registered Community member to be included in the running for top dog.)

Totally new to Looker? Watch a quick intro video here!

11 30 5,239
30 REPLIES 30

glen_yu
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Screenshot 2021-08-04 184233.png

Way to go, @glen_yu ! We'll be following up with you soon on your free, 30 days of Qwiklabs access!

Good challenges! here is my newest badge  

Carosierpe_0-1628279074219.png

Here we go - my newly minted badge! (keep on reading Looker documentation)

Screenshot 2021-08-08 at 02.04.52.png

Hi all!

My badgets:

RuloSuarez_1-1628852352554.png

Thanks!

My badge

Screenshot 2021-08-15 at 10.11.12.png

Done

qursaan_0-1629153884658.png

Great job everyone!! Look at those shiny, new badges 🙂  🎉

Super cool challenge !

LOOKER - Challenge 1 - Community.png

If the reward is just for the 1st place of the podium, it will be hard to beat @glen_yu 😅

I don't know, Matt...you seem to be doing quite well and is the one to beat at the moment 😄

mafi_0-1629897412047.png

Done

Awesome to see everyone's Skill Badges and new Community Badges!! Only 6 days left until the end of this Challenge! 

Hi Michael,

I completed all the challnenges but i dont see the looker game badge on my profile

@srisri_sap333 

Did some digging here -- looks like the Community code wasn't added for your activity. Still looking into why but have triggered the awarding of your Community Badge for participating! Should arrive on your profile soon 🙂

Hi Michael,

can you check once again, i dont see the badge on my profile.

Thank you for this opportunity @michael. Please check out my skill badge at https://google.qwiklabs.com/public_profiles/7970b43b-7999-4b0b-a4e3-644dfdf344ac/badges/1149931

Looking forward to the next phase of the challenge.

@michael 👋

210829-looker_badge.png

Hey @david_p! So glad to see you on the Google Cloud Community as well. Awesome to have a Looker Community legend like yourself active here as well 🙂 

you are too kind Michael 🤗 happy with the looker/google gamifying learning approach 👾

First couple of badges completed in time:

Ben_Suan_0-1630279458330.png

Great job all!

Just one more day left until this challenge is complete -- so fun seeing all the participation and learning! 

My new badges. Thanks!

rolf_schenk_1-1630362101031.png

Thanks for this great Challenge!!!!

Public profile 

HugoSepulveda_1-1630389341354.png

Great challenge @michael! Thank you for this opportunity.gcp.png

Great Challenge!

eltonlms_0-1630462567088.png

Can't wait to know:

1. what will be the "something objectively cool" price 🙂
  2. when will start the Challenge n°2 !

It was an awesome challenge ! #OverMotivated for the next one !

Hi Michael,

My access to the game was denied...do you possibly know the reason?

Regards

Patrick

hi @michael I am getting access denied error while trying to access the game link, Any help please

Top Labels in this Space