New Year, New Skills

Who here has said "this year, I want to learn something new"? 

How about “this year, I want to get certified” or “this year, I want to level-up my job skills”? 

We can help with that! Kick off 2023 with a series of four challenges. Every week, explore a wide range of new skills. You might go deeper on a familiar topic, or you might learn something totally new. By the end of January, you will have learned 23(ish) new skills and earned 4 new badges. (And 4 Arcade points!) 

Each game has four categories: 

1. Data engineering
  2. DevOps
  3. Network engineering
  4. An explorer category 

The first three get you started on certification learning paths. You might find a cert you’re interested in pursuing this year. But certs and career paths aren't everything! The fourth “explorer” category goes off-script with tech that's just too fun to ignore. 

Play now!

83 REPLIES 83

You are right, those two labs are having trouble. We are working hard to return them to good health. I hope to have an update to share soon! 

nirjhor_saha_0-1672772324281.png

Not working....

hks
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Hi @emily927 

"Data Engineer: Bigtable skills" labs not available. Was there a time limit to complete them or it's a platform error?

hks_1-1672782899504.png

Platform error

Hi Emily, 

I can't join the 2nd lab for data engineer. please assist. @Abhishek213 @emily927

HarisJ_0-1672808970969.png

Lab is down for maintenance
You cannot access until team makes it live.

Thanks for the info

hello @emily927  
thank you for this Trivia January 2023 challenge , and I receive the code and able to enroll
but .. it seems to me the deployment of the "
Challenge environment - Orchestrating the Cloud with Kubernetes" not completed as , after the 6 minutes of provisioning lab resources:
  GKE named io  with 3 nodes and a labserver ... but no workloads are deployed .

gcompagnon_0-1672829992539.png

gcompagnon_1-1672830033636.png

Please change the goodies for the arcade event this time.

😍

New Prize suggestions:

1) A Google Cloud Hoodie (Chilly winters now)

2)A Google Cloud Head-Phone over the ear (Unique till now)

3)A Google Cloud Electric Kettle. ( It is an awesome thing)

4)A Google cloud ear buds.(Listening to cloud).

@emily927 @Yugali @ankitkumar @carrie  @Lauren_vdv 

Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I can't access the labs in 

Data Engineer: Bigtable skills.

kindly help.

Under maintenance mode
So wait

thanks!

Happy to share the first badge of 2023.

Thanks @emily927  for fixing the Bigtable labs on time so that all who joined can now complete this game.

felitz69_0-1672862367466.png

Hi everyone! The two Big Table labs are un-blocked. Please read the lab manual and follow the steps carefully to complete the labs. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for being patient. We hope to revisit Big Table in a future game! 

Please note, we increased the game duration to allow a little more time for completion. Thanks again for your patience 🙏

Sad that couldn't join the yellow challenge 😞

More seats are open right now in case you're still interested in playing! 🎮

IMG_20230106_121439_150.jpg

 one more added 😁😁

@emily927 

Nice! 👩‍🎤

Great Congratulations🌟✌️ @Abhishek213  Do you have any news about New Year, New Skills: Red Challenge (A)?

Yeah this challenge will start this weel stay tuned

This lab is acting weird I have tried multiple times but it is not passing the "Deploy a lightweight GKE application ". Connect an App to a Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL Instance (GSP919) is anybody facing the same issue?My app is deployed and pods are runningMy app is deployed and pods are runningError !!!Error !!!

same issue.. been trying a lot of times

Okay.. Thanks for responding this means I am not the only one who is having problem with this lab. I am requesting at @emily927  to please check this problem. I think there might be some kind of issue still persisting. which is preventing us to complete this lab . Thanks in advance @emily927 @DD64 

One more update. Just now I tried this again. It worked.

Maybe check now.

Morning it was not working for me. 

For me it's still not working. I have tried once again and it is still the same @DD64 

same issue, lab is not tracking the progress in the gcloud, just stuck on the same error

Try it now, preferably with the Chrome browser. I just finished an hour ago. @rkm-dev 

Nope, tried that too same issue, same error no change.

i faced problem in doing 

Using Elastic Stack to Monitor Google Cloud lab and 

Datadog Getting started with the Helm Chart lab please resolve my query fast

Both labs are working fine u just need to use your personal email address
for signing up not lab one try once

Hi, I completed Green Challenge (A) challenge, But where can I see Arcade points? 

Is it idle, For some labs, I got the score, and not for some labs? 

Each badge you earn = 1 point (only badges mentioned in arcade website)

You can check your badges by looking at ur public profile

@emily927 @Abhishek213  When is the New Year, New Skills: Red Challenge (A) is gonna start?

15 th

I want join in your community

new.PNG

Finally completed the january event all shiny badges are here - Public profile 

Excited for upcoming challenges 

People gonna remember 

Configuring Network Connectivity Center as a Transit Hub lab for sure 🤣 this was the most trickest lab  (of arcade till now)

Thanks @emily927 @carrie 

@Abhishek213  How you completed the 

Create Conversational AI Agents with Dialogflow CX: Challenge Lab can you provide some steps or a video?

Hey steps are easy after creating the environment
Test the agent twice from previous questions it will work

@Abhishek213  @emily927   Configuring Network Connectivity Center as a Transit Hub this lab showing error in task 5 when I create vm instance using vpc-a  

A n1-standard-1 VM instance is currently unavailable in the us-west2-c zone. Alternatively, you can try your request again with a different VM hardware configuration or at a later time. For more information, see the troubleshooting documentation.

I am facing the problem in task 4 in vpc-a

Top Labels in this Space