New cybersecurity training to help build a safer world

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Security has always been at the core of Google’s products, and we’ve long worked to protect people, businesses and governments by sharing our expertise and advancing cybersecurity tools and resources. This work has only become more urgent: Cyberattacks increased globally by 38% last year, placing critical infrastructure such as governments, hospitals and electrical grids at greater risk.

Despite the pressing need to address this threat, there are currently more than 750,000 unfilled cybersecurity jobs in the U.S. 

Google is committed to partnering with others to help build a robust cybersecurity workforce, expanding the pathways to join this critical field. Today, we’re announcing the launch of the Google Cybersecurity Certificate as the newest addition to our Google Career Certificates, which provide job seekers with affordable paths to careers in data analytics, IT support, business intelligence and more.

More than 150,000 people have graduated from our Google Career Certificates in the U.S., and 75% of graduates report a positive career impact, such as a new job, higher pay or a promotion within six months of completion. 

cybersecurity-certificate.png

Learn more about the Google Cybersecurity Certificate and how to enroll

8 6 1,088
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for sharing it, Lauren! I'm super excited to be learn this certificate. I got really interested from HACKING GOOGLE Series. I recommend everyone to watch it on Youtube before / while learning this certificate. 

The course curriculum looks very interesting. 

Thank you for sharing 

Same reply😁😁😁

The statistic about there being 750,000 unfilled cybersecurity jobs in the U.S. alone is staggering. It shows just how big the skills gap is and how necessary these kinds of educational programs are. I've had some experience with career training courses, and I've found them to be incredibly helpful in bridging the skills gap in various fields.
If anyone's in Asia and looking for similar cybersecurity training options that are also HRD Corp claimable, you might want to check out these hrd corp claimable courses in areas like cybersecurity, data analytics, and more, which could complement what Google is offering or offer an alternative for those based in the region.

Everything is really good, and the courses offered by Google is good, although there're glitches with labs. However, the certification process is a joke. I'm not going to share mine, as it made me too frustrated to type it, and I'm still waiting for a refund, as I wasted 2 hours, but couldn't take the test. I'd like to share a screenshot of Google reviews of the test center. Everyone who wants to consider getting certified, please at least be prepared mentally. 

sylviasun_0-1697849137444.png

Top Labels in this Space