error in procesing data with google data flow

In the first step of Processing data with google flow, an error like this is coming while running the python/ .df05.py command

WARNING:root:Make sure that locally built Python SDK docker image has Python 3.7 interpreter.

Solved Solved
0 1 1,525
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear Gouri,

First, please try to run the command with python3, like python3 ./df05.py.

If this did not work, please be sure that you run the df05.py in the environment with python 3.7 installed. You can check it by entering python3 --version  command. If you have Python 3.8.X version, then df05.py won't start.

I think I had a similar problem after I did steps before starting df05.py as the following (all taken from the lab instruction): 

git clone https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/data-science-on-gcp/

cd ~/data-science-on-gcp/04_streaming/simulate

virtualenv data-sci-env -p python3

source data-sci-env/bin/activate

pip install timezonefinder pytz
pip install apache-beam[gcp]

then my python version was 3.8.X for whatever reasons and I could not execute the command python ./df05.py.

Then what I did I deactivated the virtual environment, installed necessary python libraries and run df05.py again - as shown below:

deactivate

python ./df05.py (here I cannot remember did I do python or python3 - please try both)

This was the solution in my case. Hopefully it will help you too.

Best,

MC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dear Gouri,

First, please try to run the command with python3, like python3 ./df05.py.

If this did not work, please be sure that you run the df05.py in the environment with python 3.7 installed. You can check it by entering python3 --version  command. If you have Python 3.8.X version, then df05.py won't start.

I think I had a similar problem after I did steps before starting df05.py as the following (all taken from the lab instruction): 

git clone https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/data-science-on-gcp/

cd ~/data-science-on-gcp/04_streaming/simulate

virtualenv data-sci-env -p python3

source data-sci-env/bin/activate

then my python version was 3.8.X for whatever reasons and I could not execute the command python ./df05.py.

Then what I did I deactivated the virtual environment, installed necessary python libraries and run df05.py again - as shown below:

deactivate

python ./df05.py (here I cannot remember did I do python or python3 - please try both)

This was the solution in my case. Hopefully it will help you too.

Best,

MC

Top Labels in this Space