Coming soon ‌👉‌ Google Cloud Innovators recognized in the Google Cloud Community

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Google Cloud Community, 

We’re excited to share that later this month, Google Cloud Innovators will be recognized in the Google Cloud Community with a new verified status and avatar icon

If you’re not yet familiar, Google Cloud Innovators is a program for developers, cloud practitioners, and anyone interested in learning more about Google Cloud, where you can join live events to learn the latest directly from Googlers, receive weekly digests of the most important Google Cloud news, and receive credits for Google Cloud Skills Boost labs and learning. 

There’s also a smaller group of about 500 Innovators called Champion Innovators, who are nominated by Googlers and are technical experts in Google Cloud products and services. 

Beginning on August 29th, you’ll start to see Innovators and Champion Innovators repping their new verified status and avatar icons in the Google Cloud Community - across the forums, when speaking at an event, and anywhere you can show up in the Community. 

Innovators-icon-final.png

Why are we excited about this? 

• More unified and comprehensive user experience: Innovators verified status in the Google Cloud Community is just one component of the Innovators program and the Community joining forces to better support developers and practitioners worldwide. More information about our partnership is coming soon, but in doing so, we aim to provide a more unified, personalized, and comprehensive user experience across Google Cloud user programs and opportunities. Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks!
  • Identify and find experts more easily: With the new avatar icon in the Google Cloud Community, you can quickly identify who is an Innovator, and particularly, who is a Champion Innovator. Champion Innovators are experts in one or more areas in Google Cloud, so these are trustworthy folks you can lean on for answers to your questions or to learn best practices. 
  • Be recognized for your contributions: If you’re an Innovator or Champion Innovator, we can more easily see and recognize you for the impact you’re making through your Community forum activity, contributions to the knowledge base, or when you’re participating or leading a Community event

Stay tuned in the Google Cloud Community News & Announcements for future updates and in the meantime, check out the following resources and FAQs. 

How do I become a Google Cloud Innovator?

Show More
Go to the Innovators program home page, click the “Become a member” button, and follow the steps to create a Developer Profile and sign up.
Lauren_vdv_0-1692205276271.png

How do I become a Google Cloud Community member?

Show More
Go to the Google Cloud Community, click the blue button in the top right, “Log in to ask a question,” and then follow the steps to sign up. You can refer to this help article for additional details.

I’m a Google Cloud Innovator, but I don’t see my avatar icon in the Google Cloud Community. What should I do? 

Show More
Upon joining the Google Cloud Innovators program, please wait up to 24 business hours to see your verified status appear within the Community. 

Still not seeing your verified status after 24 business hours? Please reach out to gc-customer-community@google.com.

Special thank you from the Google Cloud Community team (@AndrewB @Willie_Turney @Roderick @shanefeely) to the Google Cloud Innovators team for their partnership! @cpercy @CrystalSmith @nmchugh @JustinH @cgwallace 

7 REPLIES 7

AndrewB
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm looking forward to this! It is an evolution to recognize all of you who contribute your knowledge and passion with the growing community of Google Cloud experts. 👏

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am excited about this update! So many Innovators and Innovator Champions are already contributing their expertise to The Google Cloud Community. The team and I are eager to welcome more and shine a spotlight on their work. Thank you to everyone who is making this community a such a valuable destination!

Willie_Turney
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great update! Big thanks to all the Innovators and Innovator Champions contributing today and in the future 🙏

I have joined the innovator program with a monthly subscription and I get free access to qwiklabs where having credit was earlier needed, however, when I visit the landing page for innovators, it always asks me to join and the button never submits. I guess it's a bug in the site.

Nice, Champion badge already visible!

Hi @Lauren_vdv !

There is a path to be a champion innovator? Or some article to read about that?

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking forward to this! It is an evolution to recognize all of you who contribute your knowledge and passion with the growing community of Google Cloud experts. 👏