New and improved home for the Google Cloud Security Community

Willie_Turney
Community Manager
Community Manager

secops-joining-gcc.png

Hi Google Cloud Community! 

Willie here 👋 I’m happy to share some exciting news that will help provide an improved community experience for cloud security professionals, and any community members engaging in security-related conversations and content.  

Beginning on September 25, 2023, we’re launching a new sub-community within the Google Cloud Community dedicated to cloud security: The Google Cloud Security Community. 

secops-new-gcc-visual.png

This new space will encompass all cloud security-related topics and products, including conversations and content migrated from the SecOps Community (focused on Chronicle SIEM and Chronicle SOAR solutions) as well as the security forum that exists within the Google Cloud Community today. 

I, along with my fellow Community Managers@Ray_a@Lauren_vdv, @Roderick, and @AndrewB are excited about this change because it means:

• A consolidated and comprehensive space for you to engage in security-related conversations 
  • More efficient forum moderation and management
  • More updates from and access to the product team
  • More live events to learn from product experts and each other

I’m thankful to many of you for taking the time to meet with me and the Community Team in the recent weeks to get to know you, learn more about why you engage in the Community today, and what you’d like to see moving forward. 

Your feedback is invaluable as we continue to invest in the long-term durability and sustainability of this community and its programs - with the new space within the Google Cloud Community as a positive step in that direction.

Below, we outline frequently asked questions about your new Google Cloud Security Community home and provide answers to help make the transition as seamless as possible. 

If you have a question that isn’t addressed below, please add a comment to this post and we’d be happy to help provide an answer.

FAQs

When will the new Community space be live?

The new Community space will be live on September 25, 2023.

Please note that there will be a brief migration period beginning the evening of September 22nd, when the Google Cloud Community and he legacy SecOps Community site (https://secopscommunity.com) will be set to read-only.

Beginning on September 25th, when you go to the legacy site, you’ll be redirected to the new site and able to participate as normal.

How do I log into the new space? 

If you’re an existing Google Cloud Community member (where you are now), you can continue to log in as you normally would. You don’t need to create a new account.

If you’re a member of the legacy SecOps Community (https://secopscommunity.com/), you’ll log into the new community space using the same email address associated with your existing account. From there, you’ll be directed through the process to claim your migrated account and verify your email address. You can refer to this post for details, under the section “Instructions if you have a legacy community account.” 

If you already have a Google Cloud Community account, but the email associated with that account is different from your SecOps Community account, then you will need to contact the Community team at gc-customer-community@google.com for assistance. 

What will happen to the security forum within the Google Cloud Community?

This forum, including all its content and posts, will be moved into the new Google Cloud Security Community space. It will maintain its own forum as it is today, dedicated to cloud security questions and answers. 

What do I do if I have troubleshooting questions?

If you can’t find an answer to your question in one of the above FAQs, please leave a comment below and someone from the Cloud Security or Community team will be happy to help. You can also reach out directly to the Community team at gc-customer-community@google.com

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all on the new site soon!

Willie, on behalf of The Google Cloud Community team

4 1 1,871
1 REPLY 1

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Do  you know when Google Chronicle SIEM was officially released? I cannot find any resources about this.