Cannot find DNS records for custom domain in app engine

I have a custom domain that is hosted on google (now square space) that I can't get to link to my app engine app. The annoying thing is that I had the custom domain linked and accidentally deleted it, but now I can't get it to re-link.

I go to Settings/Custom Domains/Add a Custom Domain and everything looks good each step of the way, but then the spinner under SSL security just runs for a long time. I've tried 1. letting it run, 2. letting it retry once I get an error (multiple times), 3. deleting it and retrying manually once I get an error, and 4. deleting it, waiting a week and then retrying. Nothing seems to work, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions here.

Note that when I did this the first time, I think I had to try a couple times too, but only a couple times - I've been trying this in different iterations for a couple weeks now and haven't been successful.

Solved Solved
1 1 131
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I solved this by going to Google Domains and manually entering the DNS records. It seemed to solve the problem almost immediately. So basically, it seems that the "link" Google claims to have wasn't working and treating Google Domains as any other (separate) host worked.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I solved this by going to Google Domains and manually entering the DNS records. It seemed to solve the problem almost immediately. So basically, it seems that the "link" Google claims to have wasn't working and treating Google Domains as any other (separate) host worked.