VPC Access Connector in gae flex environments

Hi gcp community,

I'm trying to deploy the VPC Access Connector in app-engine to connect to a private gateway. The issue here is that I require a docker file to run the container, which launches the front-end. While deploying gae using the standard environment, I'm able to connect to the VPC Connector but if I change the env to flex, then the VPC Connector connection isn't deployed. My question is if the env flex allows the usage of a VPC Connector, and if not, what alternatives do I have to complete such task?

Regards,

Solved Solved
0 3 1,119
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Due to the nature of the issue, I cannot reproduce your environment. In Public Forums we cannot inspect your project, for that reason the best next step here is to engage GCP Support by creating a Support Case  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

According to this document [1], App Engine Flex does not support Serverless VPC. But here is a note from the documentation:

If you want to use internal IP addresses when connecting from Cloud Run for Anthos or the App Engine flexible environment, you don't need to configure Serverless VPC Access. Just make sure your service is deployed in a VPC network that has connectivity to the resources you want to reach.

Does your service already have VPC network connectivity to the resources you want to reach? 

[1]:https://cloud.google.com/vpc/docs/serverless-vpc-access#supported

Hi Andre_Fiesco,

Thanks for the reply, yes indeed, we have a VPC Network already setup, but the main issue is that we are using proxy pass in Nginx in app-engine to connect to a private ingress in istio. We are getting error 404, and we can't reach a private ingress when deploying the app-engine. What do you suggest it can be the problem?

Due to the nature of the issue, I cannot reproduce your environment. In Public Forums we cannot inspect your project, for that reason the best next step here is to engage GCP Support by creating a Support Case