Activating App Passwords in Bulk for Google Workspace Users to Enable Proper SMTP Relay Usage !?

Hey!

I hope this email finds you well. I am currently working on a project that involves activating app passwords in bulk for Google Workspace users to ensure they can use SMTP relay properly. I have explored the Google Workspace API documentation, but I am seeking guidance on the most efficient way to accomplish this task programmatically.

Could you please share any insights @Lauren_vdv , sample code snippets, or recommended approaches for activating app passClick to expand Click to expand Community Resources category Click to collapse Community Resources categorywords in bulk for Google Workspace users using the API to facilitate proper SMTP relay usage? Any tips regarding authentication, endpoint usage, and best practices for managing app passwords at scale would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from you and learning from your experiences in this area. 

1 4 141
4 REPLIES 4

I'm also looking for a solution to activate app passwords in bulk for Google Workspace users via the API. Any insights, sample code snippets, or best practices on authentication and endpoint usage would be greatly appreciated. If anyone in the community has experience or can offer assistance, that would be fantastic!

riel
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out because I'm encountering some issues with the Google Workspace SMTP relay. I'm currently setting things up and testing, but whenever I send a test email, it bounces back (undelivered). 

What I've Tried:

• I've double-checked my SMTP relay settings to ensure they match Google's recommendations for smtp-relay.google.com.
  • I've reviewed my email content for any potential spam triggers and revised it accordingly.
  • I've verified the recipient's email address for accuracy.

What I'm Looking For:

• Has anyone else faced similar issues with bounced emails when testing the relay?
  • Are there any additional settings or configurations I might be missing?
  • Any specific troubleshooting tips for dealing with bounced emails during the testing phase?

I've searched online and reviewed resources, but any insights or experiences from the community would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

I always test it using telnet, it gives good feedback. Have you tried that?
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors