Android Google One, Workspace Backup works without warning that Restore will not be available

Android allows the user to set Google Workspace as a backup option, and will successfully backup. Unfortunately, when I try to restore after a factory reset, I find that I am unable to restore.

The user should  not be allowed to backup using Workspace account if they are not going to be able to restore.

I now have two backups on Workspace Drive account without being able to restore either backup.

1 4 806
4 REPLIES 4

So the problem about restoring backups after the device is factory reset also happens if the account is a personal Google Account ending with @gmail.com or @googlemail.com so this is not necessarily a unique issue to Workspace if that is what you are trying to imply (users report this sort of thing even on the Android Help Community)..but is the user not getting the option to restore a backup or what exact error message are they getting when they try? And just to confirm, your backups are in Google Workspace and even when you try to set up that exact Google Account on your phone, you are not given an option to restore an Android backup? Is the Android managed by the organization? (Organizations can manage certain types of devices including Chromebooks.)

im facing the same issue in 2023 as well

google workspace does NOT restore phone backups apparently

if anyone finds a solution, please save my life

IT2045

Any solution for this issue? 

I am just wondering why the Google does not allow to restore from paid Google workspace?

I am paying monthly for Google services, but can't restore anything? 

What type of error message are you getting? What did the Workspace one on one support say when you contacted them via the instructions at https://support.google.com/a/answer/1047213? 

Back in 2019/2020 it was possible to restore backups even from GSuite legacy accounts: https://support.google.com/a/thread/9534501/cannot-restore-android-phone-backup-from-gsuite-account?...

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors